Big 3 Wiring Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds good if it will fit there. What accessories you got? Is there going to be a battery upgrade needed later?

I'm throwing in a couple amps for some new speakers and a sub. There is definitely room for putting a bolt in that bracket, so that is probably what I'll do. When the battery dies I'll either get an Optima or a DieHard Platinum and redo the wiring at that point if needed.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm throwing in a couple amps for some new speakers and a sub. There is definitely room for putting a bolt in that bracket, so that is probably what I'll do. When the battery dies I'll either get an Optima or a DieHard Platinum and redo the wiring at that point if needed.

Cool.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done with mine....

The annoying whine coming from my radio which I could not figure out what it was is now gone!!!!

No more dimming lights and voltage drop when the bass hits... I'll have to see about the mileage improvement later on when I go on a long drive.

Overall I'd say it was well worth it, should've known about this upgrade a while back..

MikeCallery

Reaction score
Chisto - I got ta back you up on that!

I had an occasional whine on my radio and on my iPod that I could never figure out. I thought it was a bad connection but couldn't nail it.

Did the Big 3, haven't had the whine since! Definitely worth it!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my free second yellow top next week, I'll have to see what voltage gain I get but it should run alot better with two and proper wiring.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done with mine....

The annoying whine coming from my radio which I could not figure out what it was is now gone!!!!

No more dimming lights and voltage drop when the bass hits... I'll have to see about the mileage improvement later on when I go on a long drive.

Overall I'd say it was well worth it, should've known about this upgrade a while back..

Hey Chistoso....just wondering if you fused your cable for the positive post to your alternator. Some people do and some people don't...just wanted to know what you did.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say fusing it is installers choice.

Alright guys I'm curious if anyone has or knows someont that has a Group 31 under the hood. Either in the stock location or over in the corner. I'd like a little bigger bat. I've seen a 31 in the stock but not what had to be done.

exxxtrem

Reaction score
big 3 is very important. next should be your alternator, upgrade or add another, once you have enough current you could add a cap. caps only are saposed to work once you have enough current or you burn out your alternator. you only need another battery if you listen to your car when its turned off or if your cant get enough current. adding additional batterys without enouth current will also burn out your alt.

HatchCover

Reaction score
Great write up! i completed this Mod after having some related charging issues and going through alternators at least every other year! This is a must have Mod thats pretty cheap!