Brake service error won't dissapear!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenfaustin

Reaction score
Okay guys so about a few weeks ago I replaced my brake booster on my 08 tahoe lt 4x4 with a aftermarket one from O'reily. I didn't need to bleed the brake system as I just unbolted the cylinder from the booster and moved it to the side while I disconnected all the necessary connectors and such and replaced the booster.

I bolted everything back up and connected everything as before and the truck performs as before, but every time I start it I get a "service brakes soon" error on the dash and I have to press the checkmark button to get it off. But it still comes back to haunt me on the next start-up. I took the truck to autozone and had them run the OBDII but it wasn't giving an error on the reader. I called chevy and told them the story and they told me it might be a compatibility issue with it not being a GM booster.

What are my options here? Maybe a battery reset? I'm not sure what the risks are with that or the proper procedure but I guess it's worth a try... Please help me out!! Thanks.