Buying a used lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to lower my tahoe... there is a good deal on a used Belltech 2/3 drop that i was looking at...

what is everyones opinion about buying a used lowering kit?

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say go for it. I haven't installed mine yet, but it's used and I don't have any reservations about it. When it comes to the hard component parts (i.e. keys, spindles, springs), it's unlikely that they are worn out. If it was shocks, bushings, tie rods, etc. I might be a bit more leary.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say go for it. I haven't installed mine yet, but it's used and I don't have any reservations about it. When it comes to the hard component parts (i.e. keys, spindles, springs), it's unlikely that they are worn out. If it was shocks, bushings, tie rods, etc. I might be a bit more leary.

well its actually all of the above, keys, spindles springs as well as shocks... its a pretty good deal

LeadFootCole

Reaction score
Ty, let me know if you do that and how it goes. I wanna do the same on mine and I'm curious as to what brand you go with and how hard it is. Keep us posted!

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have purchased a used kit if i was able to find one at the time. I was pretty picky though, i wanted a 3/5 kit and had to use 16" wheels at the time, so the only kit was the djm kit.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well its actually all of the above, keys, spindles springs as well as shocks... its a pretty good deal

I still think you should be ok. I doubt you'll have any problems with the hard parts and depending on the shock mileage, it should be a big deal. Worse case scenario, you replace the shocks down the line if they're worn out.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait til spring and buy my 4" coils and keys off me...used stuff is all the same unless someone really screwed stuff up. Spindles and keys are gonna get you way more than a 2/3 btw.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait til spring and buy my 4" coils and keys off me...used stuff is all the same unless someone really screwed stuff up. Spindles and keys are gonna get you way more than a 2/3 btw.

Hey boost, i what do you want for that? PM me.. I have a few questions