cabin air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrolldad

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where my cabin air filter is on my 2002 Yukon /XL?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the passenger dash there is a little access panel with two bolts on it. Loosen the bolts and remove the trim piece, gaining access to the first of two filters you remove (pull the first one out and remove the 2nd filter towards the firewall). My a/c is way colder and it doesn't smell like the funk anymore.

carrolldad

Reaction score
Thanks. But when you say little access panel how little is it? I see a black plastic piece with two screws but this piece looks like it is about a foot long and molds around the heat vents. Is there any way you can send a picture of the panel.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do 05's come with cabin filters? I don't see where they would be.. There's a big @SS cover under the passenger side dash bu I see no access for the filters..

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Because of the new dual zone climate system in the 03-up trucks, the design didn't allow enough space for the cabin filters. I think I'd sacrifice the filter for the dual zone system though; my wife and I are always different in terms of setting the temp. She's always cold and I'm warm or the complete opposite.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
See, I always figured the dual temps to be PITA when it would go out. Plus I see way too many posts regarding issues with dual temp.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting... the regular maintanance schedule for my 03-hoe says to change the cabin filter... lol... way to go edmund.com

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine last weekend for the first time and boy were they dirty!!! I have seen some really dirty air filters for a motor look cleaner than what I just replaced!

BO TIE SS

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. I'm about to buy a 2001 Tahoe from a smoker. I'm sure that the filters are going to need replaced.