Cabin Air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

last-442

Reaction score
Where is the cabin air filter located in a 2003 Yukon? The owners manual gives a part number but I can't find where it is on the truck.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Cabin filters were only available up to the 02 models. 03-up models didn't have them because of the redesign in the hvac system.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so were breathing bad air, or does the hvac in recirc keep all the bad stuff out.

It's my understanding that AC in re-circ usually causes mold / fungus growth due to improper draining / drying of the evaporator coil. Ever been in a vehicle with a "funk" with the AC on? That's usually the culprit. I don't think a cabin air filter can do much about that stank... Seems more dealerships are offering evaporator coil / vent cleaning / deodorizing services -- seems like a good thing to get that done every few years.

scarpi

Reaction score
I changed the cabin air filter in my 02 Yukon. It is down near the floor where the black box on the passenger side is. And it was a pain in the butt to change. But it was dirty. Of course I had the original in there for four years!! :rolleyes2: And it was so hard to do that I'll probably leave this one in for four years.

dbdolan

Reaction score
I need to change mine. I am still with the original, 5 years I think it is time. Where did you all get the filter? Is it something I should be able to pickup at a Autozone or Advance auto parts?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I need to change mine. I am still with the original, 5 years I think it is time. Where did you all get the filter? Is it something I should be able to pickup at a Autozone or Advance auto parts?

Autozone and Advance normally carry it in stock.

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the cabin air filter in my 02 Yukon. It is down near the floor where the black box on the passenger side is. And it was a pain in the butt to change. But it was dirty. Of course I had the original in there for four years!! :rolleyes2: And it was so hard to do that I'll probably leave this one in for four years.
Huh? Hard? It took 15 minutes! Get the two (2) required filters from an auto store (any). I got Purolator replacements for less than $20. The originals were filthy and there was all kinds of junk caught by the filters. There are two screws to remove and then the bracket that holds the filters in. They slide out and the new ones slides in side by side. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
2001 has filters also

i just changed the filters on my 01 for $19 with bosch ones easy job. undue the kick panel on the passanger side under the glove box. 3 bolts. then there is a swing arm trap door held on with 1 bolt. the 2 filters pullout. there will be alot of junk falling . easy to do. very quick

dbdolan

Reaction score
Did mine also for around 17 bucks with the Puralator brand. Took me a beer or so to figure out where it was. Removed the kick panel and dropped the trap door, man it was filthy.

Kaboom

Reaction score
learn something everyday guess I need to change mine now lol

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first changed this out in '04 when I got to 60k. There was actually mold growing on the bottom one of my cabin air filter.

I change mine yearly now. No mold since then, but it still bothers me that there used to be enough moisture in the truck for it.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I first changed this out in '04 when I got to 60k. There was actually mold growing on the bottom one of my cabin air filter.

I change mine yearly now. No mold since then, but it still bothers me that there used to be enough moisture in the truck for it.

Not sure if you've seen it or not, but there is a thread in the Technical Write-up section titled Eliminating a/c Odor that has a part number for a blower motor control that helps control mold growth.

Yuzilla

Reaction score
I just jumped on the bandwagon and changed mine. WOW. Amazing what type of junk these things collect. Pretty easy and cheap. Took 20 minutes, would have been less time, but the last bolt was tough to get back in.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not see this. I changed mine at 80 and 100k and did not have any mold or mildew growth on them either time after that. I figure it was just because the originals were in there for so long the first time.

Thankfully I have no smell coming from my A/C. Yet.