Changing Cabin Filter in 1999 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r.knighter

Reaction score
Howdy,

I've been trying to change the Cabin Filter in my Escalade but continue to run in to problems removing the "kick panel". This is because I can't seem to figure out what the "kick panel" is.

All the discussions I've read pretty much skip over the "kick panel" portion of their how-to (perhaps because the how-to's are based on GM trucks that don't have the "kick panel").

Another how-to mentions removing the four Phillips screws that hold the panel in place - my truck doesn't have Phillips screws beneath the glove box, it has 6-sided screws. I continue to run in to discrepancies online,

Can someone help me with this step? With pictures?

Sorry, the forum auto rotated my first picture (tilt your head left to view as it was taken).

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the kick pannel is a panel that covers the area of the blower and ductwork shown in the last two pix (IIRC my 96 Sierra had that), looks like yours is already gone? Either that or they are referring to the pannel to the immediate right of where your feet rest (this would be the triangular plastic panel that is vertical, but again IIRC it is not screwed in in the last one I took out but instead snaps in place.) Good Luck AFAIK I dont have a cabin air filter.

Woodstock

Reaction score
I didnt think the 99's had a cabin air filter. I couldnt find a part number for any major manufacturers