Cheap extra hp 95 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added a throttle body spacer and fuel injector spacer and a super chip off ebay. All for about $60 shipped. Throttle respone is tremendous with moderate gains throughout the rpm range. Ony problem I have noticed is a low rpm stumble when the motor is really cold. But after 5 minutes of warming up it runs like a champ. My next addition is going to be an intake and a set of vortec heads and then reprogramming my ecu to allow higher revs. So far though every little bit helps.

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was telling me about an edelbrock designed to work with vortec heads and the stock 95 throttle body. It's what he is running on his 94 silverado that he put vortec heads on. His makes good power and still passes emmisions.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you talking about this? http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/3704/10002/-1
or you could try this? http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/3704K/10002/-1

i wish it said some more on the performance aspects of it tho.. Have you looking into even getting a CAI? those can boost up your hp about 15 to 20 horsepower for about 3hundred bucks.. while your doing the intake stuff, slap an exhaust on there too and youll be making some serious gains.. and maybe later if your feeling up to the challenge, a cam too.. then MSD ignition with the coil pack and distributor and the box.. youd be getting some good mpgs and hauling ass

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out EQ Cylinder Head. They make a Vortec head that's superior to the factory head. It's got thicker decks, supposedly they flow 20% better and they're cheap. I've used them on a couple of marine engines and I'm gettin' them when I do the rebuild on my 98.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think those EQ will work, hes got a 95 TBI not a 96 to 00 vortec motor, theres a diff and im not positive they will work for his appl.. someone tell me wrong??????

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as I know the heads will bolt up but you have to get an intake to bolt to the heads. Then make sure the stock tbi will bolt to that. From what I understand (very little) damn near anything is doable with the right budget

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so are you going to be looking into getting a set of those EQ's??? or what did that mean

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not for what those cost. I can get vortec heads all day long for $300 set. I'm not looking to spend $800 on heads alone. I think I can get the heads and intake for less than $500 with a little work searching.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got as set of Rebuilt heads from EBAY. They offers a porting and polishing service. For an extra 200 I got it done. Total came out to $550 shipped.

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EQs are superior to factory heads. They breathe better, they're stiffer, so they seal better and they're not very expensive in the stock replacement form. I think they also make them in an earlier intake bolt pattern.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if you get modified L31 Vortec heads heads and higher flowing intake, you should get the most benefit out of it: get more cam in that engine and get a better flowing exhaust system. Headers and duals. If you get vortec heads and higher flowing intake, you are going to want something better than that doggy stock TBI. Get the after market Holley 670 CFM TBI unit. That intake kit that sas linked is pretty sweet, actually.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if you get modified L31 Vortec heads heads and higher flowing intake, you should get the most benefit out of it: get more cam in that engine and get a better flowing exhaust system. Headers and duals. If you get vortec heads and higher flowing intake, you are going to want something better than that doggy stock TBI. Get the after market Holley 670 CFM TBI unit. That intake kit that sas linked is pretty sweet, actually.

Ditto.

Do the exhaust and fuel system before you do the cam and heads. This will let you take full advantage of the heads/cam. If you have a stock fuel pump you will have to upgrade that, the stock pump wont be able to support the new power from heads/cam, after that you will have the replace the fuel pressure regulator with an adjustable one and add a fuel pressure gauge. Once you have parts down you can figure how much bigger of a TB you will need.

Turbocity, CFM-Tech and extremefi