Chevrolet reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bernie Lomax

Reaction score
We are looking at buying either an 08 Yukon or Tahoe with the 5.3L. All the searching around here that I've done can't seem to come up with any serious issues. On the first 4 pages all I found was a couple of rattles.

Everybody is enjoying trouble free driving with the 07s and 08s? I have never owned a GM vehicle before - and I think I am looking forward to it (?!!!?)

Great site you guys have here.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No serious issues that are common as far as I know. The worst I can think of is the wind noise issue found mostly on the escalades. I haven't had anything but very tiny problems with mine so far (the dealer fixed them all).

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
We are looking at buying either an 08 Yukon or Tahoe with the 5.3L. All the searching around here that I've done can't seem to come up with any serious issues. On the first 4 pages all I found was a couple of rattles.

Everybody is enjoying trouble free driving with the 07s and 08s? I have never owned a GM vehicle before - and I think I am looking forward to it (?!!!?)

Great site you guys have here.

Thanks for the kind words, you would be herd pressed to find any major problems other than a rattle here and some wind noise. Chevy trucks are known for their dependability and reliability, that is one of the main reason we love our trucks so much. Oh and welcome to the forum.

Bernie Lomax

Reaction score
Honestly, I find it amazing that no one has any issues. Right now I have two Fords an F350 and an E150 that are both constantly being repaired. We are looking to move my wife from an Acura MDX to the Tahoe or Yukon. MDX has been great... but looking for something bigger.

Richard Hoblitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Bernie, I have a 07 Tahoe LTZ that i bought new last year and have over 13,000 miles on it now and it has no problems now.
The wheels needed to be reblanced but after that was done by the dealer it has been smooth driving ever since. Fit and finish are great and i love the ride and room and small size of the Tahoe. It has a shorter turning radius than our Jeep Liberty and also gets better gas milage than the Jeep. It is the most sure footed 4x4 in ice and snow i have ever owned and i have had four wheel drives since 1975. I don't think you can go wrong with a Tahoe in MHO. Good luck.:yaya:

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friends don't friends drive Fords.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Don't worry I think he understood what you meant!
Friends don't let friends drive Fords!:thumbsup:

I have had no problems of any kind with my Yukon!
I used to have a Ford made vehicle(Mercury Mountaineer) and I'm not going back to Ford ever.
GM trucks and SUV'S are solid like a Rock!:D

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Don't worry I think he understood what you meant!
Friends don't let friends drive Fords!:thumbsup:

I have had no problems of any kind with my Yukon!
I used to have a Ford made vehicle(Mercury Mountaineer) and I'm not going back to Ford ever.
GM trucks and SUV'S are solid like a Rock!:D

OOPS:lol: :lol: a typo.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL,

my gmc has been nothing but good times, NO TROUBLE WHAT SO EVER, and i drive like hell also. not a wimper not an issue that was not caused by me, Like breaking the mirror LOL, but never ever have i had any serious issues with ANY of my chevys, my first chevy was a 1987 k5 and i drove it an insane amount to like 250k or somthing, starter, tires, oil was all i ever did to it other than my volintary mods. suburban, was, alternator, batterys, tires, oil, door locks. never over 1000k dollars worth of work, yukon, oil, and tires, NOTHING ELSE. never been in the dealer for more than an hour, and never for a problem or issue, just to keep it running good.

btw, we got about an inch and a half of real snow that stuck and froze so the roads are like ice had been painted on and its real slick, traction control came on a few times, but i never lost control and never had a scary moment even at 35-45 mph. i love my yukon. :yesnod:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL,

my gmc has been nothing but good times, NO TROUBLE WHAT SO EVER, and i drive like hell also. not a wimper not an issue that was not caused by me, Like breaking the mirror LOL, but never ever have i had any serious issues with ANY of my chevys, my first chevy was a 1987 k5 and i drove it an insane amount to like 250k or somthing, starter, tires, oil was all i ever did to it other than my volintary mods. suburban, was, alternator, batterys, tires, oil, door locks. never over 1000k dollars worth of work, yukon, oil, and tires, NOTHING ELSE. never been in the dealer for more than an hour, and never for a problem or issue, just to keep it running good.

btw, we got about an inch and a half of real snow that stuck and froze so the roads are like ice had been painted on and its real slick, traction control came on a few times, but i never lost control and never had a scary moment even at 35-45 mph. i love my yukon. :yesnod:

This man knows quality as you have had more experience with GM trucks than me, but I figured based on my research that if you want reliability, you can't go wrong with a GM truck.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This man knows quality as you have had more experience with GM trucks than me, but I figured based on my research that if you want reliability, you can't go wrong with a GM truck.

I have had a good bit of chevys in my past, always have, always will. OR atleast i will always own a GM vehicle. But i try to stick to Chevy or GMC.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a good bit of chevys in my past, always have, always will. OR atleast i will always own a GM vehicle. But i try to stick to Chevy or GMC.

I do too, and I hate to admit it, but I actually kind of like the direction that Buick is heading in. But maybe it's just age kicking in, I'll be over the hill in 2 months :( . I had a Lesabre company car, seems like it was a 1989, and it was the most care-free car I ever had. I'd only change the oil every 7-8k miles since it wasn't mine and I think I put something like 220k miles on that thing in 5 years, I used to travel all the time :eek:, but that has always stuck out in my mind when I think about GM's reliability.

rigo1979

Reaction score
Chevy rules! I've owned my 05 Tahoe LT since it left the lot and have not encountered any problems with it yet. Runs like a true King of the road and the economy is excellent considering the 5.3L V8 (~20mpg highway). Chevy Tahoe will fulfill your road dreams. Not sure how the 07 or 08 models fair up, but my 05 is still trucking! Latez

Ray in Kingwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a big problem. I never get to drive it......Momma is always GONE!! ;)

But no problems with da truck

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a big problem. I never get to drive it......Momma is always GONE!! ;)

But no problems with da truck

I snag the '07 from time to time and let her drive the '04. But truth be told, I would rather drive the old body style than the new one and she would rather drive the new one over the old one, so its all good. It's probably just a status thing for her, god forbid her friends see her drive a 3 year old car :skep: .