Chevy badge on tailgate-emblem inlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luhu

Reaction score
I bought black inlays for the front and back emblems. The front wasn't too bad to get out, but I'm nervous to take a drill to the back one since its on paint instead of on the grill?! Anyone done this yet on the '15?? Just to clarify these are just the inserts so the chrome frame will remain. Just replacing the gold part.

Tobh415

Reaction score
emblems

I did this a few weeks ago on the front and back. It was the first time I ever did anything like this so I was nervous at first. I used a 1/4 drill bit, Just big enough to fit my flat tip screwdriver in. I drilled a little at a time, until I saw the gap between the emblem and the frame. Then I pried up on the emblem just enough to grab the corner, So I could pull it off. I found it easier to drill towards the corner not the center.

Tobh415

Reaction score
picture

I did the center one first and the emblem did not move so I tried the upper left hole and it worked great.

Attachments

• IMG_3266.JPG
    IMG_3266.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 3

cougarcruiser

Reaction score
New to the site.... Where are folks getting instructions on how to do this on the '15s, and where are folks getting the new inlays from?

Tobh415

Reaction score
Before/After pictures

Here are my pictures

Attachments

• front black.jpg
    front black.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 39
  • back blacked.jpg
    back blacked.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 35

Tobh415

Reaction score
ChevyMall

New to the site.... Where are folks getting instructions on how to do this on the '15s, and where are folks getting the new inlays from?

I got mine when they first came out from the Chevrolet website called the ChevyMall. But now it looks like you can get them from a lot of places like amazon and ebay.

cougarcruiser

Reaction score
Is the frame surround hollow? That's why folks drill and peel from the middle out? The pen gold emblem is just stick on as well, right?

Luhu

Reaction score
Ok I got brave and did it! I got my inlays at chevy mall as well, and was just careful when prying the gold part off to not pop the rest of it off the back hatch the inlays come with instructions.

Luhu

Reaction score
Is the frame surround hollow? That's why folks drill and peel from the middle out? The pen gold emblem is just stick on as well, right?

Yes, the gold parts sets inside the silver. Just don't drill too far on the back end. The front end I actually thought I drilled too far because I hit a pocket of no resistance. I did drill past the gold part, but it didn't hurt anything. I was more careful on the back and drilled slowly and quit once I started to see the black particles on the bit. The black bits are from the epoxy used to glue the gold inlay there.