Chevy vs GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember mentioning $ "range" but rather "segment". Try Comparing apples to apples here. What happens when you compare the Tahoe/Yukon to the previously mentioned vehicles in our "segment"? The GM stands on top! Besides, nobody is paying $70K for a Tahoe/Yukon! I got my nearly fully loaded XL Denali for only $40K.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't we look at the vehicles directly in the Tahoe/Yukons segment, like the Toyota Sequoia, Nissan Armada, Ford Expedition & Jeep Commander. For those of us that ACTUALLY OWN a new Tahoe or Yukon, would you rather have any one of those vehicles over your GM? I think not!

i dont own a new one but a like new (06) (but i have an 08 sierra denali and that truck screams QUALITY AND POWER) and i test drove an 07 yukon and liked it but the front end of the yukon steered me toward an 06, and the dealer that sells chevy here is a major Jack@ss, so i was not going to give him 40K, but givin the choice i would definatly pick my GM. I think he is talking about the esclade. On price here, but i think he is just here to bash us, i mean he does not even have a tahoe or yukon. :cuss: :confused: :confused2:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe leather is only on the seating surfaces (what actually touches you) of the first two rows and the third row is all vinyl.

Personally I think the leather is pretty hard (stiff?), not soft and supple.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but i think he is just here to bash us, i mean he does not even have a tahoe or yukon.

Agreed! Can you say TROLL!

I love how he talks smack about our vehicles, and claims he wouldn't waste his money on a TAHOE, but in the past has had no problem pretending he owns one. Go back to the Subaru forums!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SRT8's interior is nicer. No fake wood, higher quality leather, alacantra inserts, tiptronic shifter, alluminum pedal covers, better storage, and all the same ammenities. Not to mention the seating position was the best of any suv that I have been in.

This is also the only interior that Jeep has made that I like. I ****ing hate my girlfriends Liberty in every aspect.

Nick

if you dont want fake wood get an LS, or if you want options get a z71, its that simple.

also that srt8 interior may look nice new, but wait a good 3 or 4 years then it will look like crap, where as the gm keep there nice quality interior because of the better fit and finish.

White Out

Reaction score
Agreed! Can you say TROLL!

I love how he talks smack about our vehicles, and claims he wouldn't waste his money on a TAHOE, but in the past has had no problem pretending he owns one. Go back to the Subaru forums!

Never pretended that I have owned one. But I have logged a lot of miles on three different trucks ('00 XL, '04 Denali, '07 LTZ) and know them pretty well. I wouldn't waste my money on one. The Denali's trans was giving out at 54,xxx miles and the fuel pump sending unit was also giving out. The 200R4 in my GN lasted longer than the Denali's trans, the buick is putting more to the wheels than the 6.0 was making at the crank, and we all know how great the 200R4 is.

I would just up and leave the site, but I have a good feeling that I will be back on here doing research when the LTZ acts up.

if you dont want fake wood get an LS, or if you want options get a z71, its that simple.

also that srt8 interior may look nice new, but wait a good 3 or 4 years then it will look like crap, where as the gm keep there nice quality interior because of the better fit and finish.

The last two truck's interior's didn't hold up, I don't expect this interior to do much more. It is going to be a mess when the touch screens start acting up.
Just FYI GM and nice quality interior should never be used in the same sentance (GTO exempt).

I am not on here to hate, although it looks like it. For what they are, the GM trucks are good. They can tow, they take up 85% of the road (michigan), sell quick when you are done, good stereo, and have safe syling. When compared to any of their foriegn rivals, the quality just dosn't stand up (waay above ford though). Seriously though, go jump in an X5, XC90, QX, or Cayenne and compare them with the tahoe/yukon/denali/escalade and report back. You will see the world in a different view.

Also, I own two subaru's. My STi track car is currently down while a new engine/turbo set up is being finished up and will be in the area of 550awhp on 93 without alky and the other is an '03 WRX wagon for my winter car/dd. The GN has 80,xxx origional miles on it and is mildly modified.
here are some pictures to give you an idea
GVSU1.jpg

install6.jpg

inside3.jpg

wagon
Day1.jpg

buick
Fisher8.jpg

Nick

Last edited:

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whiteout are you serious? Try going back and reading some of your prior posts. I even caught, then quoted you in a pior thread where you pretended you had and LTZ. Only for you to respond with "you're right I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a Tahoe".

You keep getting off the subject, the vehicles you want us to compare the Tahoe/Yukons to are not in their "segment" and persons opinion of interior is subjective. It's personal preference, just like exterior styling. Some people like it, some people don't, your comments just don't have alot of merit around here because you don't own ANY of the vehicles you speak of. Also, who is going to take comments on styling serious from someone who owns Subarus?
Probably the ugliest vehicles ever made, but I'm sure the interior is top notch.

I don't understand the pictures? Do they have anything to do with the topic?
All you have to do is look at my signature to see that I am not impressed!:giggling:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you have had bad luck with yours, i had a 87 that i drove to 301,000 trouble free miles,, and a 99 that went to 109,890, also trouble free, and never had raddle or vibrations, so squeeks, and still both felt solid. but my real estate job took off and i could afford new so i traded it

White Out

Reaction score
Whiteout are you serious? Try going back and reading some of your prior posts. I even caught, then quoted you in a pior thread where you pretended you had and LTZ. Only for you to respond with "you're right I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a Tahoe".

You keep getting off the subject, the vehicles you want us to compare the Tahoe/Yukons to are not in their "segment" and persons opinion of interior is subjective. It's personal preference, just like exterior styling. Some people like it, some people don't, your comments just don't have alot of merit around here because you don't own ANY of the vehicles you speak of. Also, who is going to take comments on styling serious from someone who owns Subarus?
Probably the ugliest vehicles ever made, but I'm sure the interior is top notch.

I don't understand the pictures? Do they have anything to do with the topic?
All you have to do is look at my signature to see that I am not impressed!:giggling:

The trucks I compared are in the same segment (w/o srt8, only 5 pass) and within the same price (different options will throw some of the vehicles out of the range). You are correct that I don't/didn't own the trucks, but I drove them over the past seven years, took care of them when there were issues, and easlily logged over 50,000 miles between them. So I would say that there is some merrit there. Not to mention that anyone who has been in any of those vehicles has come to the same conclusion. :yesnod:
You are right that subaru's are not the best looking cars on the road, hell the bug eye is ugly. Last time I checked, the typhoon isn't a looker, along with most SUV's out there. When your Z06 can get under the 11 second mark, I will be impressed. Untill then it will see the back of my STi. :cya: Being a Typhoon owner, you should realize that the GN is nothing to laugh at because there are alot more turbo buicks running faster than sy/ty's and we break transmissions less. :shhh:
If you can't understand pictures, well then...

Nick

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this thread has gotten to be a joke, i dont understand the pics eather, hey GMCulalr, ive got a 07 corvette convertible, what do say we go show this guy what real american muscle is all about:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yesnod:.

white out, the 07 ltz has only been out since january 10th 2006, how could you have driven them for 7 years, and you dont really own them and all you do is talk trash about it, i liked this forum because i can post about my yukon and not have 16 year olds come and bash it, your changing that completely. I also agree that your comparing suvs that are not even in the same class as the tahoe and yukon, why dont you go try a ford exploder or expi and tell me what you think. If you think the tahoes have bad interiors than your going to die when you see the ford interiors, and dont get me started on reliability. :smilielol: :smilielol:

White Out

Reaction score
this thread has gotten to be a joke, i dont understand the pics eather, hey GMCulalr, ive got a 07 corvette convertible, what do say we go show this guy what real american muscle is all about:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yesnod:.

white out, the 07 ltz has only been out since january 10th 2006, how could you have driven them for 7 years, and you dont really own them and all you do is talk trash about it, i liked this forum because i can post about my yukon and not have 16 year olds come and bash it, your changing that completely. I also agree that your comparing suvs that are not even in the same class as the tahoe and yukon, why dont you go try a ford exploder or expi and tell me what you think. If you think the tahoes have bad interiors than your going to die when you see the ford interiors, and dont get me started on reliability. :smilielol: :smilielol:

haha, I think that you will be a little disspointed with your vette since my car makes 200 WHEEL horsepower more than your car. Go do a quick search for Ohlins and you will see the basis for my suspension, add in traction and keep dreaming. :thumbsup:

The seven year thing, notice that I posted '00 Yukon, '04 Denali, and '07 LTZ. It is 2007, so that would be seven years. To be technical, he picked it up on Feb 23rd of '00.

I agree with you about ford, hence the reason that I commented on them being much worse than GM in my previous post.

Here is a hint. I am not 16, nice try though.

Nick

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, I think that you will be a little disspointed with your vette since my car makes 200 WHEEL horsepower more than your car. Go do a quick search for Ohlins and you will see the basis for my suspension, add in traction and keep dreaming. :thumbsup:

The seven year thing, notice that I posted '00 Yukon, '04 Denali, and '07 LTZ. It is 2007, so that would be seven years. To be technical, he picked it up on Feb 23rd of '00.

I agree with you about ford, hence the reason that I commented on them being much worse than GM in my previous post.

Here is a hint. I am not 16, nice try though.

Nick

yea how much does your suberu make, accodring to the site the engine is 300 hp, so sicne you cut it in half (my corvette, 200 to wheel with 400hp engine, your suberu with 300 probably 150 to the wheel), that would be only 150 hp to the wheels, the sub is only a 4 cylinder and maybe have a v-6 my corvette is a v-8 alot more torque and my car does not sound like a lawn mower. , a dyno test corvette found that 380 hp made it to the wheels so i think your info is coming from your dreams. Also my corvette probably has better traction than your toy cars because it has stabilitak which controls everything. yea my vet gets from 0-60 in 4 secs and gmcul8tr in 3.8 were REAL disapointed, is impossable for your little toy car to get to 60 any faster than that. aerodinamics come in to play here the subaru has a ton more drag than the corvettes .

IF YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT SUBERUS GO TO THE SUBARU FORUMS, QUIT BASHING US.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love RICERS that think they can hang with the big dogs. Any time you wanta see what real American muscle can do, I'm down. I eat STI's for breakfast! Oh that's right,,,, it's not even running,,, nevermind.

If you think ANY of my vehicles are stock you would be sadly mistaken. My Lifted Duramax has as much Torque as all of your cars COMBINED!:Chevy:

My Typhoon is WAY better looking then that Subaru! I never made any comments about your GN b/c I respect what those cars can do, I only commented on those FUGLY Subarus, although that GN couldn't look any more Butt-Rocker if you had a mullet hanging from it. Can your Buick run 11's in the rain? NO! I can do it with my wife, 2 kids and my 175 lb Mastiff in the vehicle with me. If you had any credibility left after your idiotic statements, you just lost them by thinking your Rice could hang with a Z06. If I wanta run sub 11's all I need to do is put on some slicks on the Z06.

Back to the topic at hand, none of the vehicles you have listed are in the Tahoe & Yukons "segment". Can they tow as much? NO. Can they haul as much? NO. Can they fit as many people (comfortably)? NO. Those of us who buy these vehicles have families and things we need to haul, and I know for myself that none of those vehicles you listed could do what I need my XL Denali to do. PERIOD. Thus not in the same segment. I'm not in the market for a compact SUV.

About the pictures, I didn't understand how they were even relevant, but now I know, you needed to try and feel special. Like I said before "not impressed".

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey gmc, you may have 100 more hp than me, but im game to show this Gm hater what a real american muscle car can do, as soon as the warrenty runs out im going to change the exaust, reporgram the ecm, and put a blower on it to make it to the 500 hp mark, man i also think its funny when people with little japanese cars think their "cool" and can hang with the big boys, when all they do is take the already puny sounding 4 cylinder and make it sound funny with the stupid exaust system they put on, can you say PUTT PUTT motor:lol: :smilielol: :rofl:. i agree with gmc also that you lost most of your credibility with me on some of your other posts, but the last ones where he found your (f.l.o.a.b.t.) lies. I think you have just dug deeper in that pile of S***

btw, gmcs typhoon looks a heck of alot better than your ricers, at least its an suv that runs, and it is still running, probably with the interior still in tack.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey gmc, you may have 100 more hp than me, but im game to show this Gm hater what a real american muscle car can do, as soon as the warrenty runs out im going to change the exaust, reporgram the ecm, and put a blower on it to make it to the 500 hp mark, man i also think its funny when people with little japanese cars think their "cool" and can hang with the big boys, when all they do is take the already puny sounding 4 cylinder and make it sound funny with the stupid exaust system they put on, can you say PUTT PUTT motor:lol: :smilielol: :rofl:.

I'm not going to get in the middle of this "argument" but I will however comment on the Corvettes. My uncle has a 2007 Corvette Z06 supercharged with a wet NOS system, carbon fiber roof/hood/trunk/spoiler, super sport race adjustable suspension, and it can smoke any car out there import or domestic, so I know what they can do! He smoked a lambo on the track! Rollin Thunder I cant see how your's looks and runs after your done. :Chevy:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you frazed that wrong, im kinda confused, no were not changing how its gunna look, just how it will preform, we wanna keep the classic red ext and black leather int, were purist when it comes to corvettes, the only option we got what the high preformance packedge, and its gotta have a manual 6 speed, i cant belive people buy the auto. :nonod:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you frazed that wrong, im kinda confused, no were not changing how its gunna look, just how it will preform, we wanna keep the classic red ext and black leather int, were purist when it comes to corvettes, the only option we got what the high preformance packedge, and its gotta have a manual 6 speed, i cant belive people buy the auto. :nonod:

I was talking about how the engine will look, not the exterior, and my Uncles is a manual. :Chevrolet:

Hawstly

Site Admin
Reaction score
White Out, lets keep the subject on topic here. This is a Tahoe/Yukon forum. The tread topic is is about the small differences about GM vs Chevy as in estetics.

You interject your imports and start a pissing match (why I have no idea as Subarus suk a$$ anyway). I will am giving you this one warning to keep it on topic as if I have to come back in here - it will not be nice. ok?

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
Besides the engine options, I think the biggest difference that led us to Tahoe instead of Yukon is the front end design. I preferred the looks of the Tahoe over the Yukon.

Totally agree.. front end design of tahoe is superior to the yukon... yukon to me just is missing something.. doesnt have the distinctive look like the tahoe.. tahoe is very masculine !

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
The new trucks are MUCH better than those that they replaced. But for those of you that think the interior is any better than "good" need to get out more. I test drove alot of trucks before coming to the conclusion that the purchase of an '07 tahoe would be the best bet since it felt the same as an escalade inside for $15k less. Essentially the Tahoe/Yukon/Denali/Escalade lines are exactly the same with very minor differences ("wood" steering wheel in Denali/Escalade, different color "wood", Escalade has leather on arm rests, Escalade's cluster).

Other vehicles that I test drove included the BMW X5, MB ML500, Porsche Cayenne S, Volvo XC90, Infinity QX, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, and Land Rover RR; the GM fullsize interiors are horrible compared to these vehicles.

The fake wood, cheap leather (all GM, GTO exempt)

Nick

HUH? the fake wood? your complaining about that? the jeep!? lol... i would say the writers from Edmunds are a pretty good solid source

as per edmunds.com

"Best. Fake. Wood. Ever.
After decades of lackluster GM interiors, the new Tahoe's is astonishing. The dashboard looks like it was lifted out of a 1998 BMW 740iL (a great dash), scaled up 10 percent, and shoved into this truck. The switchgear operates elegantly and the materials feel high-quality. It's hard to imagine better-looking real wood than the faux burl forest inside this truck."

the fake wood is a homerun... cannot possible say anything negative about that..

also.. i love it when someone compares vehicles that are not even in the same price range... Cayenne S? 58k to start... BMW X5? 46K base model..MB ML500? around 50k base model..

come on..! your comparing the yankees vs the indians..!!

as for the volvo.. you like the blue lights on the speedo dont you..? is that what does it? volvo's interior isnt superior at all... its a ford guy...!!