Cleaning windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, im tired of trying and trying an failing on cleaning my windows. inside and out. i still have the same result when i clean them. the result being that they look great when out of direct sunlight and then when the sun hits it, BAM, streak after streak.:cuss:
any ideas??? thanks

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the best product I've used with NO STREAKS!
Stoner's Glass Cleaner. I've been using it for about 2 years now with no complaints. I use it with newspaper with great results.
You can find it a Target for about $5...:thumbsup:

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome. thanks. i'm up for any and all ideas!

5LZEATR

Reaction score
This product is called Invisible Glass and is made by Stoner. It is the best I've ever used. Use newspaper as paper towels will leave excessive lint on the glass

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use a microfiber cloth to clean my windows with windex.
hell, I've used the microfiber cloth with water and it wont leave streaks, as long as you get most of the dirt off.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use invisible glass too and use 2 microfiber cloths, first one to clean the window while it's wet with the spray and then after i've got it dry I use the second dry one to really polish it up.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that windex takes somthing off the windshield. like the factory protector or somthing. So I use viniger and news paper. Compeltly streak free. takes alot of news paper as they get soaked quickly, but hey, most of ya get it everyday for 50 cents, cheaper than paper towels.

y0diggity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez you guys are meticulous! I use an old rag out of my toolbox and spit... My truck's pretty good sized, I don't need to see. It's the other cars on the road that need to look out.
:)

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on Invisible Glass + microfiber towels. It's awesome, and I've never been disappointed.

You might need to clean them twice the first time, but you'll be happy with the results.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I use Invisible Glass as well. One thing I have noticed though, is that whatever cleaner I use, I get the best results using newspaper to wipe down the windows with.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow. more response than i thought id get. thanks. i think i have used that Invisible glass before.
with the vinegar, do u put it in a spray bottle? or soak it into the newspaper? also, do u use the newspaper to dry the window too?
i feel like a dumbass but im trying to do my windows correctly the first time and not have to worry about it for a while.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to know. the only tint on my windows is the factory tint on the rear glass.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear GM puts some weird film on the windshields which doesn't wear off for YEARS. My cobalt, tahoe, GTO, my moms Monte....all the same "haze" type problem....lol

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i know wat you mean. mine doesnt have a film on it, i just cant ever get the streaks out of it!