coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevy85

Reaction score
i have a 2002 yukon and i am leaking antifreeze and don't know were its not in the oil and its not leaking out of the motor so i figured its burning it so is it a head gasket problem or intake problem please help me its either a $41 fix or a $260 fix

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you come up with $41 or $260?

this is a curious case because my truck has a coolant leak at the moment, a very slow but very annoying coolant leak and i can NOT figure out where it is leaking from. the only time i see the sh!t is in the morning when i fire her up and back out of the driveway, it doesnt seem to leak fast enough to collect unless its been sitting for many hours at a time.

i hope you figure it out so i can figure it out

heavychevy85

Reaction score
well the 41 is just for the intake gasket and the 260 is the whole kit which includes head gaskets and some other little seals and the intake gasket

brielly

Reaction score
Have a shop pressure test your system to find the leak. I just had mine done and it turned out to be the watepump internal seals. Its a slow enough leak to where I can see the coolant loss in the overlow tank but there's never a puddle under he truck.

heavychevy85

Reaction score
yeah i know my buddy works for a dealership and suppose to check today i'll have to give him a call here in a bit thanks

Ojustracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I'll save you $41 dollars. These trucks do not use coolant going through the intake. There's one area down. Have it pressured tested then report back. My quick guess is the water pump gasket.

John

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could also be the heater core, check the passenger side carpet where someone would put their feet at when sitting in the front, see if it's wet. If it's anything like my denali, you should have a compartment for an in cabin filter for the air system, open it up and take out the filters and see if there is coolant in there. Do your windows fog up alot? Just a thought!