Custom Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StylerG

Reaction score
not being here long ive appreciated jenna's input already! Towing a jeep for the first time yesterday really firmed up everything i have read about these transmissions-it just felt weak.

Jenna, i was amazed at the price for the items you posted-seems like spending such a small amount for the gains is a no-brainer but my question is are these things that can happen in anyones garage or do the take some special tools or know-how to get it done??? How hard is it to do these mods?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am only here to help, not to sell you guys on tunes or on car parts. My 9-5 is so outside of the auto world, this stuff just happens to be a hobby.

On the parts install: the accumulator piston and servo are fairly easy to do. The servo requires a pry bar, pliers, a screwdriver, and a C clamp. Can be done in 20 mins or so. The shift kit would not be for the faint of heart. If you are not familiar with vehicles, I would strongly suggest taking your vehicle to a shop for an install. The rest of the parts are all within the transmission pan.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have not gotten my thoughts to match the words. I originally asking about a tune, and about all the ?'s asked to have a tune performed. She suggested an aggressive shift on the tranny portion, and then the subject come up about doing mods to the tranny also. I'n not a gear head, or a grease monkey, I can see her knowledge is impressive, but I don't need the depth, I think even boost made a comment about scaring people off. However I do want more control over what I do, and decided to go with a Diablo. If I had all the resourses, equip, time, knowledge and yes money, I woulde go more in depth with an upper tier set up and do it myself. But in no way was I trying to put down Jennabear.

grog71

Reaction score
What about the guys with a stock tranny that was just serviced without any of the tranny mods done to it. Is also a daily driver with 115000 on it. Used to tow on the weekends about 5000 lbs. Is the custom tune going to prolong ther life of the tranny and get me better towing and better mileage while i am not towing.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A firmer positive shift is better for the transmission, than a butter soft shock shift. Too firm can be detrimental but most custom tuners will set you up properly.