DDM tuning HID problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luck4rmkc

Reaction score
I tried searching and couldn't find any others having issues like I am having...

I could use a little help with a problem with my newly installed HID kit from DDM tuning. I installed my kit this morning and first noticed that they do not come on as DRLs (daytime running lights). They do work when manually turned on though.

Then I go for a drive and realize my HVAC panel has freaked out on me! It shows that it is on recirc and fresh air at the same time. It is stuck on floor mode and you cannot change the setting to any onther mode. The hot to cold switches change nothing and you cannot turn on the defrost or AC.

Anyone else had problems like this with DDM tuning HIDs? Do I need to get their "error eliminator kit"? Or is that just a waste of money? I have DDm kits on all the other cars in my family (wifes 07 Scion tc and my 97 Acura Integra) and never had an problems like this....

If anyone has had problems like mine and can shed a little light on what they did to resolve this please let me know and save me some time and frustration! I am going to spend a little time troubleshooting later today and see if I can learn anything more about the problem.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried searching and couldn't find any others having issues like I am having...

I could use a little help with a problem with my newly installed HID kit from DDM tuning. I installed my kit this morning and first noticed that they do not come on as DRLs (daytime running lights). They do work when manually turned on though.

Then I go for a drive and realize my HVAC panel has freaked out on me! It shows that it is on recirc and fresh air at the same time. It is stuck on floor mode and you cannot change the setting to any onther mode. The hot to cold switches change nothing and you cannot turn on the defrost or AC.

Anyone else had problems like this with DDM tuning HIDs? Do I need to get their "error eliminator kit"? Or is that just a waste of money? I have DDm kits on all the other cars in my family (wifes 07 Scion tc and my 97 Acura Integra) and never had an problems like this....

If anyone has had problems like mine and can shed a little light on what they did to resolve this please let me know and save me some time and frustration! I am going to spend a little time troubleshooting later today and see if I can learn anything more about the problem.

I only saw this issue when one of the headlights plug was not correctly pluged in the correct socket.. basically when its dark enough the light sensor should kick those suckers on.. sounds like theres a short somewhere if ur defroster is all screwed up ... double check your wiring to make sure

luck4rmkc

Reaction score
Problem just went away later that day after installing them... A couple of key cycles and it fixed itself... That was a very odd problem but I am happy it is gone. I did hook one up backwards on first install. The plugs are misleading every HID kit I own had to be hooked up backwards (reverse polarity) from the way they were wired from the HID manufacturer. Thanks anyway for the reply.