Dealerships are a pain in the A$$!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatcraig

Reaction score
F*$KING DEALERSHIP! Like I said in my other thread, we picked up our new Tahoe LTZ last night and pretty much drove it home and put it in the garage. This afternoon I decided to go to the park to take some pictures of it. In the bright sunlight I could see that the detail shop did a piss poor job and missed whole panels so I waxed it myself. When I got to the hood I couldn't believe my eyes, there is a damn ding on the hood. I've owned the thing less than 24 hours and I gotta believe that SOMEONE at that dealership knew about this. Luckily the sales guy I had was fantastic I called him on his cell (even on his day off) and he said to bring it back in on Thursday and he'll be sure it gets taken care of. This has been a bit of fiasco as far as the dealer is concerned. They had to get the specific truck I wanted from Florida and charged me $300 bucks to get it to Savannah. Then it didn't have the windows tinted, window rain shields or the clear door guards that I was charged for. I had paid for the thing and had insurance on it before my wife ever laid eyes on it. Hopefully by the end of the week it will be all taken care of. Like said in my other thread, we're very happy with the vehicle and the whole family loves riding in it but I hope I won't have to spend anymore time at the dealership...:mad:

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they ask you if you opend the hood and if you did tell them no you didn't open thr hood.

The gas shock is very stiff on this truck and if you slam/close the hood to hard the gas shock is so stiff that it pushes the mounting bracket that holds the shock up into the hood making this dent that you see.

For the future, close the hood softly and then push down on the hood to close it.

combatcraig

Reaction score
Dang, that seems like a piss poor design, thanks for the tip. This dent looks more like a 3/4" crease on top of the hood near the front.