Definatly reccommend hirs!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed them in just my highbeams tonight in the silverado. They will work in any year tahoe. like 94-09. as long as your highbeams take 9005. They will also there is a bulb that will work in your low beams if you own a 94-06 tahoe or yukon.

I have the 6 high mod done on my silverado and them aimed to my personal prefrence, which is a little higher than they should be but who cares. ALL LIGHTS ARE STOCK HALAGONS. Lows are standard 5 dollar 9006 bulbs, fogs are 9005 5 dollar bulbs. highs are the NEW HIRS!!!!!

Ok on to the pics. I must say If I didnt have HIDs sitting in my garage I would put these puppies in the lows and fogs too. On to the pics.

hir.jpg

hir2.jpg

hir3.jpg

hir6.jpg

justacoolpic.jpg

LOWS AND FOGS!!!!
reallow.jpg

LOWS, HIGH BEAM HIRS, AND FOGS!!!
high-1.jpg

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed them in just my highbeams tonight in the silverado. They will work in any year tahoe. like 94-09. as long as your highbeams take 9005. They will also there is a bulb that will work in your low beams if you own a 94-06 tahoe or yukon.

I have the 6 high mod done on my silverado and them aimed to my personal prefrence, which is a little higher than they should be but who cares. ALL LIGHTS ARE STOCK HALAGONS. Lows are standard 5 dollar 9006 bulbs, fogs are 9005 5 dollar bulbs. highs are the NEW HIRS!!!!!

Ok on to the pics. I must say If I didnt have HIDs sitting in my garage I would put these puppies in the lows and fogs too. On to the pics.

Noob ? here, what are hirs?

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was 55 bucks. But so are silverstars so for the money its definatly worth it.

I just, as in about a week ago, replace both the lows and highs with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's. 43 bucks for all four delivered. I didn't know about the HIR's then but even if the 55 is for a pair that would still be over a hundred for all four and I'd never sell the missus on that even if I did have the spare cash. From what I see on the links they don't make a dual element bulb for trucks with a single bulb for hi and lo, too bad, I'd like to upgrade the lights in my, ahem, Dodge

xav8r

Reaction score
Hey RT ... since you seem to have the experience ... if i get the x2020 HIDs, will I be able to place these HIRs in the High Beam spot? I apologize for not researching the website first, however figured you most likely have the answer and can probably give me a clearer understanding about what I will and won't be able to do. Thx.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are a good alternitive to HIDS. I like them in the highbeams paired with HIDS. since HIDS are not reccommended for highbeams due to the warm up period.

http://hirheadlights.com/

If you run the 4hi mod the warm up isn't really an issue. If you drop to lows when meeting a car and the turn on the highs there's no real lag. If you meet a lot of cars then you may see some lag, but with the lows on you've still got light.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you run the 4hi mod the warm up isn't really an issue. If you drop to lows when meeting a car and the turn on the highs there's no real lag. If you meet a lot of cars then you may see some lag, but with the lows on you've still got light.

No. I have already done the 6 high mod. Highbeams take to long to warm up. Thats what im saying,and i use the flash to pass feature alot. :cool:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey RT ... since you seem to have the experience ... if i get the x2020 HIDs, will I be able to place these HIRs in the High Beam spot? I apologize for not researching the website first, however figured you most likely have the answer and can probably give me a clearer understanding about what I will and won't be able to do. Thx.

as long as the highbeam in the 2020's is 9005 than sure. Im sure it is, but you never know.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I have already done the 6 high mod. Highbeams take to long to warm up. Thats what im saying,and i use the flash to pass feature alot. :cool:

I've got the 4hi mod and 4xhids. I don't think it's a problem. I notice that the highs are a bit slow if they've been off for a little while, but I can live with that. :D

What's the flash to pass feat? Do you flash the highs before you pass someone?!?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the 4hi mod and 4xhids. I don't think it's a problem. I notice that the highs are a bit slow if they've been off for a little while, but I can live with that. :D

What's the flash to pass feat? Do you flash the highs before you pass someone?!?

I know its kinda old school but I do that. I also flash idiots who think its ok to use their highbeams on the other side of the freeway in rushhour. :cuss: I also use them to let someone know im letting them in.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its kinda old school but I do that. I also flash idiots who think its ok to use their highbeams on the other side of the freeway in rushhour. :cuss: I also use them to let someone know im letting them in.

Ok. I flash the highs whan meeting cars with the highs on too. :) With the 4 hids in the face they usually respond rather quickly. :) If I'm passing people who aren't paying attention and start moving toward me I use the horn. It's fun to watch their reaction when the jump at the horn and look into my door. Most cars around here are smaller than the Hoe. :D

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I flash the highs whan meeting cars with the highs on too. :) With the 4 hids in the face they usually respond rather quickly. :) If I'm passing people who aren't paying attention and start moving toward me I use the horn. It's fun to watch their reaction when the jump at the horn and look into my door. Most cars around here are smaller than the Hoe. :D

u got a train horn?

NightOwl

Reaction score
HIR's

Which is best or brighter, the HIR bulbs or PIAA Extreme White bulbs? The PIAA bulbs states they put out more light using less amperage? Has anyone ever tried those type, and if so any comments or recommendations other than?