Discount Tire just made me very happy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4WP was having a 10% off sale, and their prices were already like $25 per tire lower than Discount's price. Discount said that they would price match, but the condition was that they would charge me 4WP's price for installation, which is $16 per tire (big friggin deal, it's $1 more per tire - the savings were more than worth it).

So after doing all of the math, I figured that I might as well get them from Discount, and get the warranty and prorated road hazard and all that jazz that they offer for free when you buy from them...plus they are ALOT closer to me than 4 Wheel Parts, which is 45 minutes to an hour away.

Anyway, Discount didn't have the size that I wanted in stock (285 75 16), so I ordered them and plunked down a $50 deposit. They told me the tires would be in within a day or two. A week goes by, no phone call. I call them this afternoon, and of course the tires are there, just nobody got around to calling me. I was slightly miffed about that, until I went there to pick up the tires.

Very long story short, I head over there after work today, and Paul beat the 4WP price by an extra $5 just as a thank you for the business, and didn't charge me ONE EXTRA RED CENT for tax, mounting, balancing, tire disposal, environmental fees - not a thing.

All told, I drove out of there with 4 brand new Nitto TGs on my rig for $581.76 installed. :D:D:D

(Edit: thats about $145 a tire for those of us that are math impaired, lol)

Yes, I am a happy camper tonight. They rub a little at full lock, but I'm installing my keys and coil spacers tomorrow, along with getting my tranny, t-case and diffs serviced. I'll post pics tomorrow afternoon when it's all done.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear things worked out, business is so slow lately people will price match anyone for the business even if they make $1. Post pics when you get the keys and spacers, you still doing it up in fort?

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boost, you get an honorable mention for taking the time to get me price quotes and everything...but in the end, it worked out better hitting up Discount at University and County Line for a price match, which is like 15 minutes from my house. I live near Roxborough off of 85 so driving up to 42nd and Crown wasn't quite as appealing, lol.

But yeah, I'm heading up to the fort tonight after work, and we're gonna hit up the dealership service center for the keys/spacers and alignment, then go and get my trans, t-case and diffs serviced for basically the cost of fluid and parts. Probably do an oil change too since I already have the oil and filter. It's a happy week for my truck. :D

I'll be hitting you up for those Bilstien 5100s though when I get more money. ;)

Edit: Boost, PM sent regarding differentials