Door Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddemon71

Reaction score
I just started having an issue with my door locks. When I unlock the vehicle using the key fob or just the unlock button on the door, Only the 2 front doors and the rear hatch will unlock, The 2 rear doors will not unlock. The dealer said it could be the module. Any ideas on what this could be?

Copper&BlackYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've messed with these door latch modules a lot when I was shaving my door handles. I had to replace the two on the driver’s side b/c they were sticking but from the handle rod, not the unlocking rod. If you want to get to the bottom of it without dropping a ton at the dealer I would remove the panels of the affected doors, and even a door that is working for reference. You will notice that there are two rods leading to the module (black box containing the latch for your door, and levers to receive the rods from the unlock switch and door handle). Hit your unlock button with your fob and see how the unlock rod will shift in your good door. Go to the affected door and feel that same lever and see if it is at least trying to throw the switch. Then remove the module by the 3 torque head bolts next to the latch, the rods simply pop in their holes 1/4 of an inch and will be easy to pop free from the module. Even if you take your time this will take you all of 15 mins to get out. I would take the good one out too so you can see how the switches throw so you have an idea what they should feel like.

If they stick you will have to buy new ones, they are one complete unit, and run about $100 ea. But better then the 500 the dealer would charge you.

Good Luck PM me if you run into a snag

reddemon71

Reaction score
I've messed with these door latch modules a lot when I was shaving my door handles. I had to replace the two on the driver’s side b/c they were sticking but from the handle rod, not the unlocking rod. If you want to get to the bottom of it without dropping a ton at the dealer I would remove the panels of the affected doors, and even a door that is working for reference. You will notice that there are two rods leading to the module (black box containing the latch for your door, and levers to receive the rods from the unlock switch and door handle). Hit your unlock button with your fob and see how the unlock rod will shift in your good door. Go to the affected door and feel that same lever and see if it is at least trying to throw the switch. Then remove the module by the 3 torque head bolts next to the latch, the rods simply pop in their holes 1/4 of an inch and will be easy to pop free from the module. Even if you take your time this will take you all of 15 mins to get out. I would take the good one out too so you can see how the switches throw so you have an idea what they should feel like.

If they stick you will have to buy new ones, they are one complete unit, and run about $100 ea. But better then the 500 the dealer would charge you.

Good Luck PM me if you run into a snag

Is it common for both to stop working at the same time?

tac53lpd

Reaction score
I just started having an issue with my door locks. When I unlock the vehicle using the key fob or just the unlock button on the door, Only the 2 front doors and the rear hatch will unlock, The 2 rear doors will not unlock. The dealer said it could be the module. Any ideas on what this could be?

I had the exact same problem on my 05 Yukon a couple of months ago. I told the truck I was taking her to the dealership and the damn thing started working again. It hasn't messed up since. It's kind of freaky.

Copper&BlackYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it common for both to stop working at the same time?

That is the only thing that has me questioning that is the problem, but this is the only logical start to figuring out the problem. Also once you have the module out use a volt meter on the harness entering your module to see if you are getting the electrical pulse at least that far...
Or just plug in the working one from the front door on that side. Only the driver’s side front will work for the driver’s side back, and likewise for the pass side.

Last edited: