Door Rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trauma1

Reaction score
I just bought my wife a 2003 Yukon XL. It is a wonderful vehicle. The only issue I have with it is that the drivers side door rattles persistantly. I tried searching but came up with no threads on the subject. Does anyone know how to go about fixing this problem? Thanks in advance.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say rattling, do you mean the door rattles like it's not shut all the way, or that there is something inside the door that is making the noise?

Try to be as specific as you can.

Trauma1

Reaction score
It sounds like it is the interior door panel. It is a little loose and shakes on rough roads. The door itself is solid. Thanks for the reply.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trauma1 said:
It sounds like it is the interior door panel. It is a little loose and shakes on rough roads. The door itself is solid. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, this forums needs all the replies it can get, so I'm doing everything I can to respond to the most current posts, if there is anything that I can contribute. ;)

Have you (or the previous owners, if you bought the truck used) installed any aftermarket stereo equipment or replaced a window motor/lock actuator? Anything that would require that the interior door panel be removed and reinstalled? If so, you could have a bad attachment clip or two in the panel, they get messed up easily if someone yanks the door panel off without using a little care. One of the old clips might even be sitting down in the bottom rattling around. It's hard to tell without actually hearing what the rattling sounds like.

Thats really the only thing I can think of that would cause the sound you're describing, but I'm far from any kind of expert. It's something to take a look at, at least.

scarpi

Reaction score
My drivers side front door in my 02 Yukon had a rattle in it. It turned out that the speaker was partially out of its' hole. The dealer fixed it under warranty. Probably just loose or broken mounts. No more rattles in the door.