Driveshaft U-Joint bolt Torque Specs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PieceOut

Reaction score
Hello all...

I've got a 1999 Yukon 4x4 SLT... Just bought it a few weeks ago and have to replace the u-joints. The question is: What is the torque spec for the bolts that hold the u-joint to the rear yoke? The local GMC dealer wouldn't tell me... I've called all the parts houses around town and they don't seem to know. I don't have a manual for the truck yet so I thought I'd search the 'net and didn't find the answer. I did come upon this forum and thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!

-PieceOut

41racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one actually torques them. Just tighten them up good and tight, but not too tight. You could do a search on the web for generic torque spec on the size of bolt ( I think it's a 1/4 bolt). I'd guess around 10 ft lbs.

PieceOut

Reaction score
Yeah, Ok... I've got those puppies way over tight then. I guess I'm used to my Mustang driveshaft bolts that are bigger... I torqued them to 30 lbs. No wonder I had one break the other day.. hahah
Oh well, I guess I'll buy another set of bolts and replace these as they are probably stretched.

Thanks for the input.

-PieceOut