Driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skysix

Reaction score
Have a ex-police 02 Tahoe and the DRL's are never on - bulbs work, fuses intact...

I suspect they were somehow disabled as part of option opackage so strobes could go there - but now I have the low beams on in every switch position (except high beam) and no DRL's.

Also, came with no fog lights. Added the OEM lights, switch and relay, checked fuses - not working...

Plan is to restore the DRL's so they operate in the "parking lights" position only (ie no longer automatic DRL's) so if parked in idle they are not on, low beams on when in both low and high beam, fog lamps on when activated by switch.

One wrinkle - used a fog/cargo lamp switch from a Silverado so I could manually activate the backup lights and an additional rear white 55w fog light. The little orange indicator however is lit whenever the headlights are on regardless of the position of either the fog or cargo light switches (rear loading/backup lights activate perfectly with both reverse and manually - so no problem there)

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do believe there was a DRL disable option, but as I understood it, there should be a switch to turn them on or off. I think it had a "surveillance" switch so that the cops could park somewhere and not have the DRLs on so they would look like an unoccupied car. Wish I could be of more help.