Dropped Big Sexy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred01

Reaction score
Lower my Big Sexy Burb ??

I love the drop on the burb. I have a 01 Red LT and have wanted to do this for some time, maybe add some 20's. How did you drop the Burb ? How much drop and which kit did you use ? I will take all the good info I can get.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I love the drop on the burb. I have a 01 Red LT and have wanted to do this for some time, maybe add some 20's. How did you drop the Burb ? How much drop and which kit did you use ? I will take all the good info I can get.

Sure I'm glad to help you out.

I used a McGaughy's 2"front 3" rear drop kit.

This is the kit you want. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I also had to buy a 7.5 ton bearing puller from Sears. It was a 40dollar cost.

You will need this tool to replace your torsion keys. It is a very straightforward install. I can provide you with links on how to replace them. I will tell you that if you live in the rust belt part of the country, heat, PB Blaster, a dead blow hammer and a large screwdriver are your friends.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know that Obama will probably make Suburbans (and large SUVs in general) illegal or tax us for owning them.

Not sure on the drop. Maybe it's the camera angle.

Since when did this thread turn in to a negative criticism on peoples cars and political thoughts, its kind of kiddy that some of yall would start firing on somebody just cuz they put their car up to help people and show what they've got and because he has an Obama sticker, keep that stuff to yourself, those comments are just soliciting trouble,. Geez and I thought I was too young to be on this forum. :nonod:
The drop looks good, and if you don't like something somebody posts or has on their car then don't say anything, it'll make this forum a better place:thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since when did this thread turn in to a negative criticism on peoples cars and political thoughts, its kind of kiddy that some of yall would start firing on somebody just cuz they put their car up to help people and show what they've got and because he has an Obama sticker, keep that stuff to yourself, those comments are just soliciting trouble,. Geez and I thought I was too young to be on this forum. :nonod:
The drop looks good, and if you don't like something somebody posts or has on their car then don't say anything, it'll make this forum a better place:thumbsup:

Well if ya wanna go down that road. He really was asking for it by makeing a point of posting it. Not posting it would have made no impact on how his trucked looked. IT does not show anything other than his sticker. Or the tail lights, but i think he has another thred about those. But Whether he posted it or not I still think that the suburban and yukon xl should be left stock or lifted. This is a public forum Full of people with opinions, you take that risk that not everybody is gunna like what you do to it. Wouldnt every forum be a boring place if we all when "cool' or "nice job" with no real duscussion about it. Thats why they made car domain. For that reason. Now back to topic. :thumbsup:

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
LOL, honestly the last pic was to show off the tails. I was not sure if i had made a post here about them or not. And I didnt want to go back inn archives and check.

The negative comment, be them on the truck or stickers, mean nothing to me. i just shrug them off and move on.

The main thing is that the truck looks good to me. Add to that thst it is also fuctional and it's a double plus.

Opinions will be made by everybody everyday everywhere. It's whether or not a person lets those opinions get to them. If I let opinions get to me, well let's just read that I could be an internet tough guy too lol.

DenaliAnyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to drop it than go ahead and drop it. You will enjoy the look and it doesnt matter which type of truck u have. At the end of the day you will be a happy man! Keep the tails and drop that bad boy.

austexparts

Reaction score
Man it looks really nice. I like the way it looks with the stock wheels..Im going to leave my stock wheels on also...Big wheels and low profile tires aren't very practical in the long run...And once soccer moms have em', I dont want em'. How does it handle? Does it still have a soft ride? Oh yeah, I got mine runnin' again. Thanks for responding to my post.

Last edited: