Dropping my Tahoe. Have some questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austexparts

Reaction score
Just recieved an Eiback Pro System Plus Kit(1-3 front; 3 inches rear). I think I found the last one in existence(eibach discontinued shock for tahoes and suburbans). The kit comes with keys, springs, shocks, sway bars front and rear along with end links and bushings.

I've done many jeep lifts but I've never dropped anything. I think I'll have the torsion keys done at 4 wheel parts for $80. As for the springs, will I need a spring compressor to get the old springs out? Or can I just put the tahoe on jack stands and then lower the rear axle enough to get the springs out?

Has Eibach has experience with the Eibach kits?

Thanks

exxxtrem

Reaction score
just take out the bottom bolts of your shocks and lower the axel and your springs will come rite out. as for the keys. be careful going to low. i lowered my truck 3 inches in the front and no one could align my front end

exxxtrem

Reaction score
and the torsion keys.... i bought the tool off ebay for about $80 and did it myself. if your a do it yourselfer my advice is make sure you have a torch to heat it up. I took me about 6 hours of heating up beating, hammering, pressing, mine were rusted in crazy. Now that i have new ones in and cleaned up i can swap keys in about ten minutes.