Votes: 33 22.9%
  • Headers

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • Cat-Back Exhaust

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Cops R Behind You...

Votes: 10 6.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToddR

Reaction score
Totally have to bundle things to see results. Everybody goes for the easiest bolt ons first but really are wasting money in most cases if you stop there. For example K&N filter really isn't going to give you more horsepower kiddos, No disrespect. It may give you a bit of mpg but so minimal it really don't justify the cost unless you have a more free flowing intake, and exhaust. Those spacers are for the most part a joke. You see the most gains with intake and exhaust but not much without both. Cam can be huge gains but not really without those first. Most states have some sort of emmissions which limits alot of us for our street machines. I'm doing a build now which is mild but should add at least 100hp. An L-31 with LT-4 cam long tubes and 410 gears. I replaced the stock heads with the Summit vortec irons. The intake is still the weak link. I really don't want to carb it and there aren't any great tb upgrades. We shall see. Did a bit of porting and deleted that carbon building EGR. If you ever seen the inside of your intake you would too. That is if you can due to your local laws. I fortunately don't have any in rural INDY! Yahoo

Last edited:

KAMCHATKA

Reaction score
Hello! help me, please find a big-block (7.4, 8.1, 8.2 ...) in the idle state, cheaply and with shipment in Russia. my car is in Russia (Blazer, 1993), the engine 5.7 TBI, a car in poor condition. I Restores the car ... I want to put a big block but to buy it in Russia is very expensive. TNX!

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
Until you put a vehicle on a wheel dyno, get a baseline at wheel dyno, do the various modifications (intake, exhaust, chip, kerosene , etc) and then repeat the dyno demonstrating the definitive difference, I am not going to believe any of it!!! This is all mental mastubation unles you have cold, hard numbers to back up the claims. (Except the supercharger bit.)