Electric Fan Reccomendation???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those may or may not pull the recommended CFM but without a shroud I think you are asking for trouble.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about the efan mod but I do know there are lots o' threads in here dealing with them. Do a search and you might find what you need. I do know you need a wiring harness to go with it and you need to have the pins turned on on your PCM in order for them to work right.

jasper10101010

Reaction score
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=1718

JKMOTORSPORTS seems to have two electric fans with no shroud, he seems very knowledgeable. The fans I am looking at pull 2150 cfm/ fan, so 4000 cfm give or take.

I am mainly concerned about build quality of the fans...I was curious if anyone had used the brand before. I'm quite certain they can be wired outside of the PCM, just a power source, a/c override, and thermostat, which can be placed between thermostat fins.

I don't think the PCM is a necessity to run these. I mainly wanted to know if anyone had used them, if not I may give them a shot.

I think if the build quality is good and they don't die, they should provide plenty of air flow.

Thanks,
Jason

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I'd like to do the efans some day myself but that's a ways down the road.

jasper10101010

Reaction score
You are correct about not needing the PCM pins turned on; there are several ways to do this. This is what I did.

I actually read through your post, which is what inspired me to look further into it. I may be doing the swap real soon, not decided on fan set up really. If I can find a cheap set up like yours, I may go that route.

Thanks for the reassurance!