electric / instrumentation gremlin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirebyr

Reaction score
cant figure it out .. 2005 silverado, 5.3? liter v8 4wd crew cab, power everything .... driving along, anything on my instrument cluster that was on, goes off, .... including radio and a/c ... nearly anything than was off goes on ... door locks and windows are non-functional ... i thought i found it after checking ground on the battery .... was fine for about a week, now it is back ... no check engine light or obd codes ... my power steering was been wanky ( no assist when parked) so I was led to believe the evo might be going (short or ground causing gremlin) ... NO EVO! ... this thing is really getting to me ... any thoughts out there?

Last edited:

wirebyr

Reaction score
I'm desperate here guys ... I will entertain any ideas. I REALLY don't want to take it to the dealer. It happens every day, after 15 mins or so of driving. I thought maybe something with the a/c system, because when I drive in the morning, it is 20 degrees cooler and I don't use the a/c. To test that theory, I drove home without a/c today. Didn't happen. So, I turn the a/c on, and 15 minutes or so later, light show! .....HELP!