Employee Pricing Extended Through Sept. 30th...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatcraig

Reaction score
This is such a good deal. There are tons of 08's out there still. I looked online and this sale is for all 08s and some 09s but NOT Tahoes. I rushed to get my deal done last week (picked up my LTZ on Saturday) but they extended the deadline anyhow.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would be a perfect time for my wife and I to buy the Suburban we've wanted but we don't have the down payment yet...:(

combatcraig

Reaction score
Down payment? What's that? I didn't put down crap! My credit union offered 4.99% for as many as 84 months if I wanted. Shop around, this is a great time to buy American.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is such a good deal. There are tons of 08's out there still. I looked online and this sale is for all 08s and some 09s but NOT Tahoes. I rushed to get my deal done last week (picked up my LTZ on Saturday) but they extended the deadline anyhow.

Did your dealer do anything below Employee Pricing? Reason I ask is my neighbor tried to get our local dealer to drop the advertised price from 43,*** down to 40,000 out the door for a LTZ Suburban and the dealer wouldn't move.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up an '08 Suburban today. I did the deal on Monday though.

Got the GMS Employee pricing + $3000 rebate. At the time, in addition to the $3K, you had the choice of either taking another $2000 rebate OR taking 2.9% financing up to 60 months.

I took the latter. So I got GMS + $3K + 2.9% financing.

When I went to pick it up today, they told me they extended GMS pricing (was supposed to end 9/2) but they are no longer offering 2.9% financing any longer. I did not ask about the $3000 and $2000 rebates. Not sure if they are still offering those or not.

THE YETI

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think burbans and tahoes have $5K rebate plus GMEP, OR $3K rebate with 2.9% financing now.

We are searching for an LT2 Burban right now. Unfortunately dealers won't budge on the EP + rebates, so we might wait it out until the Red Tag Clearance.

combatcraig

Reaction score
My dealer is running employee pricing plus 5 grand off. They wouldn't even come close to my credit union on the financing. My 2wd Tahoe LTZ was 39 grand and change after the discounts. It was $42,500 out the door which I thought was a smoking deal. NOW is the time to buy GM!

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 'burban was $51635, after GMS + $3K rebate, it was $41k & change. After tax and everything it was $44k.

My credit was good enough to qualify for GM's 2.9% so I didnt take the other $2K rebate as I wanted to finance and 2.9%/60mo is a good deal.

jkratty

Reaction score
****First post***

Hey all,
I couldn't take it any longer and had to register...I am struggling with the decision that many are facing: grab an '08 or wait for an '09. I've been lurking on the forums and am still torn. Some are suggesting that given the sagging market for large SUVs, even though the '09 Tahoe's likely won't have GMEP, you should still be able to get them down to something near the current EP deals on 08s. Is that the consensus?

Oh, fyi, I'm shopping for a 4x4 z71, nav, bose, nht, power liftgate.

Thanks, and looking forward to spending a great deal (more) time talking with you all on this forum!

jkratty

combatcraig

Reaction score
The 09's aren't different enough to justify NOT getting all the discounts offered right now, and I don't think the 09 Tahoe is eligible for the employee pricing? My local dealer didn't have EXACTLY what I wanted either so I used the GM website and searched other gm dealers and viewed the online window sticker until I found exactly what I wanted. Then I went to my local dealer and said I'd buy from them if they'd get THAT vehicle. It took a couple days but I eventually got EXACTLY what I wanted.

jkratty

Reaction score
The 09's aren't different enough to justify NOT getting all the discounts offered right now, and I don't think the 09 Tahoe is eligible for the employee pricing? My local dealer didn't have EXACTLY what I wanted either so I used the GM website and searched other gm dealers and viewed the online window sticker until I found exactly what I wanted. Then I went to my local dealer and said I'd buy from them if they'd get THAT vehicle. It took a couple days but I eventually got EXACTLY what I wanted.

I think that is where I' am heading in my mind.

Would you all agree with those who say even in the event that employee pricing is NOT available, that because of the soft market for big SUVs, a person could still walk into a dealer and as for up to $12k off MSRP for, say, an '09 Tahoe? Or would a dealer just laugh in your face? That brings it well below invoice pricing.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work at a dealership and the salesman won't drop the price that high, especially on new '09s. On old dealer stock...yes they would!
We are currently running specials on '08 Titans and Armadas too...$11K off MSRP...;)

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you all agree with those who say even in the event that employee pricing is NOT available, that because of the soft market for big SUVs, a person could still walk into a dealer and as for up to $12k off MSRP for, say, an '09 Tahoe? Or would a dealer just laugh in your face? That brings it well below invoice pricing.

They will laugh in your face.

THE YETI

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
as the above poster said, there is a toss up with the 08 and 09 for me as well. The LT burbans and tahoes have the new 6 speed tranny and I was told to wait out for that tranny. plus the 09 models have bluetooth, which is a nice toy to have!!

combatcraig

Reaction score
Again, IMO the couple of new options just don't justify the thousands of dollars you're going to pass up by choosing an 09 that looks just like an 08. Here's some more food for thought. These things are worth squat in the used car market. Go to KBB and look at the loss we take just by driving it off the lot. If I decided to sell my new 08 LTZ Tahoe with 1000 miles on it to my neighbor it has already depreciated to 29 grand! Buy what you can afford and buy what you WANT. You're going to be paying for it for awhile and it will likely depreciate faster than you're paying it off, lol.

jkratty

Reaction score
Again, IMO the couple of new options just don't justify the thousands of dollars you're going to pass up by choosing an 09 that looks just like an 08. Here's some more food for thought. These things are worth squat in the used car market. Go to KBB and look at the loss we take just by driving it off the lot. If I decided to sell my new 08 LTZ Tahoe with 1000 miles on it to my neighbor it has already depreciated to 29 grand! Buy what you can afford and buy what you WANT. You're going to be paying for it for awhile and it will likely depreciate faster than you're paying it off, lol.

LOL! Sad but true. Thanks for your thoughts.

rob97ag

Reaction score
as the above poster said, there is a toss up with the 08 and 09 for me as well. The LT burbans and tahoes have the new 6 speed tranny and I was told to wait out for that tranny. plus the 09 models have bluetooth, which is a nice toy to have!!

Is it confirmed that all the 2009's have the 6spd tranny? I had heard maybe just the larger engines?

Rob

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have beat this question to death in my mind over the last 10 months. I needed to buy a tahoe and I really wanted to wait for the 09’s since a 6-speed tranny was very, very important to me ( I tow a lot and have toasted a few of the 4L60E’s), and a few other bells and whistles would be very nice as well (Nav traffic, SBS, Blue tooth, and especially cooled seats!). I crunched numbers over and over and over, and after you consider the price increases for 09’s, and all the rebates you would not get on 09’s, and the fact that not many 09’s will be produced and they wont have a large selection to pick from sitting on the lots (so I would probably have to order it) the price difference was between 10,000 and 15,000!! That is a lot of money! Especially on something is not going to be worth anything in the used market the day after I buy it.

For 15 grand I can put 5 transmissions in my tahoe IF they break (and IF I have it past 100K mi), and I can change my underwear A LOT IF my but gets sweaty from hot seats.