Employee Pricing Extended Through Sept. 30th...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearcatjoe

Reaction score
I am not sure about the 09's. However, I purchased an 08 Tahoe LTZ about 6 weeks ago when they still had the 72 months at 0%. The Tahoe had an msrp of 55,600 and I got it for 50k out the door WITH 72 months at 0%. This was with no real "special" going on besides the 0%.

So I got it for about 8k under sticker not using any rebates....

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, IMO the couple of new options just don't justify the thousands of dollars you're going to pass up by choosing an 09 that looks just like an 08. Here's some more food for thought. These things are worth squat in the used car market. Go to KBB and look at the loss we take just by driving it off the lot. If I decided to sell my new 08 LTZ Tahoe with 1000 miles on it to my neighbor it has already depreciated to 29 grand! Buy what you can afford and buy what you WANT. You're going to be paying for it for awhile and it will likely depreciate faster than you're paying it off, lol.

Think how I feel with my '08 Z71 that I've had 10 months, before they were running any specials. I think I got $1500 in rebates, I couldn't get them to budge much because they knew I needed a new truck right then. On top of that, I have 39k on it. Going by KBB I've taken a $24500 loss in less than a year :ack:. The worst part is, its not going to last me more than another year or so because I put so many miles on it.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would have been nice to get a 09 Denali. Oh well.

CasualButJiggy

Reaction score
Employee pricing is invoice minus rebates. Any educated consumer should be able to get that deal on their own at any time of year. It's a Chevy truck, there's thousands of them on lots across the country.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my '07 in May '06, the employee price was 4% below invoice.

A local dealer has a new '08 LTZ w/ MSRP of $54K for sale at $38K w/ all the rebates.

combatcraig

Reaction score
I've bought a lot of cars/trucks over the years and this was the easiest, most painless experience I can remember. Employee pricing+rebates takes all the pain out of the experience. The only "pain" can be if you want to trade a vehicle. They tried to rape me on my wife's G35 so we decided to sell it on our own. Sort of a pain in the ass but at least I got a great deal on the Tahoe!

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so you guys know, there is still a little bit of room to negotiate with dealers on employee pricing. My neighbor picked up a '08 Loaded LTZ Suburban (everything but power running boards) two weeks ago for $43,000 out the door. Sticker was $55,*** and with employee pricing and rebates the price they had on the window was $43,*** before TTL.

CasualButJiggy

Reaction score
There's plenty of room to wiggle. They are still getting hold back, paid on the rebates, and paid on the financing. Don't let them tell you the GMS price is the best they can do.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Employee pricing is invoice minus rebates. Any educated consumer should be able to get that deal on their own at any time of year...

How did you ever come to this determination?

First, GMS is a static price (below) invoice available at any time to GM employees. Rebates change every month and are different for every vehicle. How could you conclude that GMS = (Dealer Invoice - Rebates)

GMS is less than invoice PLUS you still get rebates on top of that price.

My '08 Suburban had an MSRP of $53k. Invoice on it was $47k+. GMS was $45k. On top of the GMS price, I still was given another $5k, bringing the price to $40k. Additionally, I declined another $2k rebate and took the 2.9% financing for 60 months (no longer offered after Labor Day).

Just wanted to clear up that GMS is not based on "invoice minus (anything)". GMS is a unique price established by GM for each model. It's not a certain percentage or dollar amount from invoice or anything. Each model is different.

TahoeNJ

Reaction score
I am picking up my new 08 tahoe tomorrow. I got GMS plus 5K rebate and another 2K rebate for trading my 05.

joetm

Reaction score
yea you can get a 55k truck for about 20k off ... i couldnt pass up the deal!! even tho i think they were going to extend it anyway they just made it seem like they werent for business haha