Engine misfire cylinder 7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nimrod_R

Reaction score
2004 Tahoe 4.8 automatic.......
Im getting these codes and the engine is running like its on 7 cylinders, so I know they are not false codes.
P0300-Engine Misfire Detected (SES)
P0307-Cylinder 7 Misfire Detected

I changed the plug, plug wire and coil pack on that cylinder and still not fixed. I did not do a compression test on that cylinder yet.

What else could it be? Crankshaft position sensor (you have to remove the starter to get to it?)?

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Ok let's make sure you did all this stuff to the right cylinder. Looking at the vehicle, your right side is the odd numbered side, your left is the even. That being typed, are you sure you checked the last cylinder closest to the firewall on the driver's side of the engine?

If you answered yes, I would start to look at the fuel injector. Make sure it is plugged in correctly. If so, see if you can swap that injector with cylinder number 5's injector. If the problem went to cylinder number 5, then an injector is your problem.

Nimrod_R

Reaction score
Yes I was doing the correct cylinder. Thanks for the idea, I will try it tomorrow.

Nimrod_R

Reaction score
Forgot to post back up, it was the injector........... All is well now.