Escalade Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
BS? I came here for advice, not to make people think I'm full of it.

But alright, since I'll be helping on the project anyways, I'll be glad to take pictures for you guys. In fact, we found an Escalade today [maybe yesterday] but it'll be sometime this week before it gets here.

I haven't seen the Bronco yet because they're not even gonna start the project and bring the Bronco over to my dad's shop building until we get the Escalade. And say the Bronco was here, how was I supposed to know you guys wanted pictures? This wasn't a thread to show the project in the works, I was asking about Escalade parts.

I did happen to mention to my father, however, that a used Escalade would be saving him and the man behind the project some money, so he sounded surprised and said he bought a salvage. This one rolled over in an accident, so I imagine only a few parts are left usable. I misunderstood him apparently, because they were going for a wrecked one all along. I apologize for that, really.

The man behind this really is wealthy, I've met him over the summer, and I've seen his collection of cars. He owns a major steel business that has several factories.

And RT, I understand how you feel on the other cars haha. I can't stand the Tundra, my dad only bought it because it has the bed length he needed, plus the cabin space, and the dealer gave him a better offer than our Chevy dealer would for a similarly-equipped Silverado. I ask him all the time "Are you getting another Tundra next?" and he'll say "Definitely not. Weirdest truck I've owned." [EDIT: and by weirdest, I'm 100% sure he means it has the most problems]. But since they haven't changed the bed lengths of the GMC's/Chevy's I don't know what he'll get.

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW are yall really gonna pick on a 17 year old like that?
To me the idea of buying a new Escalade just to strip it is kinda out there but hey it could be true. They're a people out there, a good amount aboard here. Haha yall are gonna scare him away from here!:mob:
Plus my parents have a Toyota RT?:cool:

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody is picking on him. But come on how far fetched does this story sound. I do not care how rich somone is why would you waste all that money for just the powertrain. Besides why Escalade when you could build any engine and trans you wanted that would be way better. And there is nothing special about a bronco. If you got money to waste build the escalde into a bad ass mud bogging truck and do not worry about damaging it

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody is picking on him. But come on how far fetched does this story sound. I do not care how rich somone is why would you waste all that money for just the powertrain. Besides why Escalade when you could build any engine and trans you wanted that would be way better. And there is nothing special about a bronco. If you got money to waste build the escalde into a bad ass mud bogging truck and do not worry about damaging it

That is true, you could pretty much just buy a nice aftermarket engine and save alot of money!

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
salvage title, now its sounding more realistic. you defend yourself well! ill give you that. i thought you were going to the dealership picking one out, driving it home, choping it up. why that year bronco? i think a willies jeep would be cooler with that drivetrain!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
salvage title, now its sounding more realistic. you defend yourself well! ill give you that. i thought you were going to the dealership picking one out, driving it home, choping it up. why that year bronco? i think a willies jeep would be cooler with that drivetrain!

Or a early 90's 454 SS silverado. that would be ****ing sweet. Jack it up with 33s. True duels with no mufflers. BB tune, and your good to go.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad things are straightening out, because I really did not come here to waste my time and post a weird BS thread. In fact I might not have posted one if I would've realized that my dad was buying a salvage all along, since a LOT of the parts probably won't be worth trying to use.

To answer some new questions:
The project involves a Bronco because it is the man's first newly-purchased truck so I guess he just wants to trick it out [they're also gonna put DVD players and what not in it]. Not our choice of what car gets the Esky's transmission and everything, or what all we put in it. Why Escalade? I have no idea, to be honest. But it's what that guy wants so we're just supplying the parts. The man wants this done so badly, he said he'll do whatever it takes to get this engine/transmission in his Ford.

If you guys want, I'll supply pictures. I can't wait to get started on it. But, Dad said it'll take a long-time project, from this upcoming week and still continue in the summer, so there should be plenty of pictures haha.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad things are straightening out, because I really did not come here to waste my time and post a weird BS thread. In fact I might not have posted one if I would've realized that my dad was buying a salvage all along, since a LOT of the parts probably won't be worth trying to use.

To answer some new questions:
The project involves a Bronco because it is the man's first newly-purchased truck so I guess he just wants to trick it out [they're also gonna put DVD players and what not in it]. Not our choice of what car gets the Esky's transmission and everything, or what all we put in it. Why Escalade? I have no idea, to be honest. But it's what that guy wants so we're just supplying the parts. The man wants this done so badly, he said he'll do whatever it takes to get this engine/transmission in his Ford.

If you guys want, I'll supply pictures. I can't wait to get started on it. But, Dad said it'll take a long-time project, from this upcoming week and still continue in the summer, so there should be plenty of pictures haha.

When its done tell him to get a black bear tune. :D

localceleb85

Reaction score
captain chairs

i was wondering if you guys would be selling any of seats of perhaps the third break light with housing?

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The car is a 2008 Gold Mist Metallic Denali with camel interior. I will post pictures later on today if I get the chance.

I took the tails off and swapped with my Hoe, and the right-hand middle bulb already burnt out :mad:

We thought you could easily just swap the light housings but we also had to get the wiring harnesses from each, but that wasn't hard at all.

Also switched the wood pieces, and in the process snapped the locking tab on the Denali's console trim :adr:
So the console lid won't snap shut, anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this?

But yeah I'll get some pics up later, thanks. :)

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yall chose an Denail over an Esky, good descison!
Your tails probably only burnt because of the bulb, my be a fuse though.
If you can jack the rook rack on that Denali if its in good condition, and the running boards and mirrors.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the bulb replaced, if it goes out again we have another extra and I'll check the fuses.

The left-side roof rack is fine, but the right has a lot of scratches. Would it be possible to buy just one side online and replace the scratched one or do I have to buy the whole rack as one piece?

The running boards, same story. Left side is smashed and ripped everywhere, right side's okay. But I don't want just one, lol.

To compliment the tail-lights, we're going to try to figure out how to remove the back bumper pad w/chrome trim to put on the Tahoe, and I'm ordering chrome handle covers at this very moment. :)

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of the Yukon:

DSC09734.jpg

DSC09733.jpg

DSC09728.jpg

What a project this will be. :eek:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must have frame damage as Im really quite surprised insurance totaled that. The denali is a 60k vehicle. that would need more than 30k in damages to total it.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, I'm kind of suspicious of that too. They're gonna have to cut the frame anyways, and manufacture some sort of brackets to make it fit the Bronco. I wonder what they'd do if they got all the way down to it and it's damaged. :eek2:

nc6600, I don't know if you'd want the wheels, lol. The other two are scratched, especially the rear, it's horrible. But if you want these 2 that might be doable.