Escalade Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
Denali Project

In the next week or so, my dad is ordered a salvaged Denali for a project he wants to do, all he needs out of it is the motor, transmission, steering column, etc. to put it all in a different car.

Well, he told me that if I help him with this project, then rather than getting paid for it I can just choose what parts I want to keep and upgrade my Tahoe with. What parts would be able to work on my Hoe?

Please read the entire thread for updates and questions.

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saying it the way you are there is alot that would fit, bumper, hood, fenders and etc but I don''t feel like typing all that so just go and look at the Tahoe to Escalade conversion at the Truckin magazine website and it should give you an idea, cost alot to get done though!

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeahh I've thought about the complete conversion but Dad won't let me do that. He just lets me add nicer things to my car, as long as it still looks like a Tahoe. Will the cooled seats work, or the heated 2nd row?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope those probably wont work unless you sepnd alot getting them too!
Things like the mirror, taillights, spoiler, power steps, handles etc will though.

macgyver

Reaction score
Wouldn't buying a Denali for the drive train be a cheaper solution than an Escalade? Maybe you should think about replacing the missing parts in the Escalade from your Tahoe. (assuming you want an Escalade more than a Tahoe that is)

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure you could save a ton of money and order the drivetrain from gm. just my 2 cents though.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I mentioned ordering the drivetrain by itself to my dad but he said he'd rather have the whole car there should he need something he didn't plan on. Macgyver, that is a great idea, I'd LOVE to do that! But however my dad is really wanting to sell the remaining parts [aside from which ones I get].

Anyone know how hard it might be to get the running boards connected and programmed?

GM Fan

Reaction score
Keep me in mind if you want to sell the tail lights.

Five.Three

Reaction score
youz a knucklehead..sounds like a crazy and VERY costly idea...but if you got the funds...what are you going for..a tahoe with an escalade interior???

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the Front end clip??? Get the HIDS and stuff. But what on earth are you doing???:eek:

IM preety sure you could get the 6.2 and 4l60E and stuff for 10k. Insted of 60k just to destroy it.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't elaborate on the project earlier. My dad is buying the Escalade because a friend of his has a '96 Ford Bronco [his first vehicle purchased new], and the guy wants the Bronco to have the Escalade's drivetrain and engine, but keep the Ford exterior and interior. This guy is supposed to pay my dad back sometime afterwards, which shouldn't be a problem considering the man has 12 Corvettes and several late model high dollar cars. Haha. I don't see why he can't buy the Escalade himself, honestly.

Which is why with the remaining parts, my dad wants to sell or let me earn from helping with the project. The guy with the Bronco doesn't care about the remaining parts, my dad gets to do what he wants with it. BUT, I can't do anything that'll change any Chevy emblems to a Cadillac, we'll say that. The whole reason my Dad bought me a Tahoe was because it's a nice car without driving a name around, which he thinks if I had an Escalade I'd just be show-off.

So, with that, I know that if I ask for anything that has a Cadillac emblem, he'll assume I'm trying to convince people I have an Escalade and just get angry. I'm just wanting a few luxury parts, per say.

Well, anything about the running boards? Is there a way I can get the Escalade headlights but keep the Chevy grille, even if it requires modification?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I get yalls project now!
No way you can take the Escalade lights without changing your front bumper, fenders and hood.
Those running boards will work for sure because many people do that mod.

GMz71

Reaction score
Just drop in your motor in the escalade, and you have an escalade....

briank14

Reaction score
OK, I'm gonna call BS on this one. This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to say But Im also calling a BS. Prove me wrong with pictures. I stopped beliving when I heard 12 Corvettes and other high dollar cars, im sorry. But what ever. My buddy in chicago owns a used car dealer ship. He is not wealthy by any means, drive a 98 tahoe, his wife drives an 02 tahoe. But he has 6 vintage camaros, so what ever, but he restored them, didnt buy them restored, he bought them for like 800-1500 each. He even has the rare blue pace car edition, but again he is not wealthy. Prove me wrong with pictures. But I mean who spends almost 70k on an suv just to destroy it. I just dont see your dads friend wasting 70k to get a 10k power-train that he can get from the parts depot and not have to rip anything out.

But his parents own a toyota and a land rover, so we know how he was raised. :lol:

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hate to say it but someone has been hitting the pipe to hard! i want pictures!!! if what your saying is to be true you should at the least have some pictures of the bronco. i know if i was doing a project like this i would have a bronco shell sitting there ready to go and a pile of blue ovals scattered across the garage! where they at?

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounded like BS to me from the moment I read the first post but I did not want to say anything