Escalade Third Brake Light for Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salient1

Reaction score
I already have the escalade brake lights installed. Does anyone know of a mod or direct bolt on process for the third long tail light? I would love to Change the look of the small third to the longer LED style. Please advise.

For a 2007 Tahoe

Last edited:

salient1

Reaction score
tail lights were a direct fit. Only thing was following the schematic to do the wiring. Once wiring is done you will directly plug them into your factory harness. I also bought the aplique or side pillars that match the shape of the lights. this is not a big deal. There are plenty of instructions on this site on how to do this and all I did was follow the directions

salient1

Reaction score
Thanks...This is exactly what I was looking for. I will post pics when I am done with my project

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest checking with Gene Culley at www.gmpartshouse.com He has awesome prices, as shown below. I buy all my GM parts for him for my powdercoating business.

Lift gate - Spoiler - Spoiler - Escalade Escalade 2007 - 2008
List Price Your Price
$140.19 $109.18

Rear lamps - High mount lamps - High mount lamp - Escalade Escalade 2007 - 2008

List Price Your Price
$172.78 $136.84

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post pics when your project is complete.

salient1

Reaction score
Of Course, thats whay I don't have any pics up yet. My project is in 3 stages:

Stage 1:
Wheels, Sound, basic lighting

Stage 2:
Body work, paint, extra lighting

Stage 3:
Interior

I will Post pics at each stage.

I also contacted the company that did the Tahoe escalade conversion and they let me know that the third brake light is a direct bolt on.

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any condition when the Esky CHMSL lites up all the way across? I saw one this afternoon stopped with left turn signal on and only the center section was lit up.

salient1

Reaction score
73shark

I am not sure about that but when I get them and have them installed I will let you know.

I called up to 713motorsports.com and asked about fitment issues. If you have specific questions aobut it and can't wait until I finish my install then the best option I would say is to call 713. They were kind and answered all of my questions.

That was very kind of them being that I am calling from the east coast and they are on the west. contact info is on the site

I would suggest members that are in the Cal. area look them up and pay them a visit. Just a plug for them for helping me out.

This is the company that did the tahoe to escalade conversion mentioned in the post above.

Any other q's that you have post them here and I will answer when the install is complete.

zimeir

Reaction score
picture.php

Using a phone cam, pics not the best
Leave in the original 20 center LED pads and hot temp glue the iJDMtoys pads on the left and right after you drill your new holes on the side of the original 20 center LED's( order iJDMtoys RED LED's )
You need 13 pads on the right and 13 pads on the left. I just ran with 10 pads on the right and 10 LED pads on the left. I left my original center 20 LED's in and neg and pos wires to the end of left and right board . The end of each L/R board pumps out 11.7V. The pads you get to retrofit your brake like runs at 12v. I bench test the LED pads for 40 mins. You can test all ur pads before install with a 9v battery. These LED SMD pads you get from IJDMtoys match with your original center LEDs lumen. LED lighting is balance , nice and clean and bright from right to left.
$28.00 for LED RED lights, 1 hot glue gun from hobbylobby, a drill and a few hours of your time and your in business.
link for the iJDMtoys LED SMD red lights below:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/LED-Light-Retrofit-For-Headlights-Angel-Eyes-DRL-p/35-369.htm

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

iJDMTOY (20) Brilliant Red 12V 5050-SMD LED For Tail Lights, Brake Lights,Retrofit Use