Exhaust Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just made a exhaust for my truck .I like to do things the hard way
flowmaster 50 they only had a single in/out at auto zone so i cut their inlet/outlet off and welded new ones on .2 1/2 pipe exits in front of the rear wheels. gained a little power and great sound

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 43

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't happen to have any more pics? I've been toying with the idea of throwing the tips out in front the rear wheels also.

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll snap some more pics tomorrow.i'll tell you one thing its a pain in the ass to get the tip to exit in front of the wheel on the passenger side.drivers side was easy over all im very happy

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks good,

Do you happen to know what size in diameter the factor exhaust pipes are? And is it a single in/single out? Im looking to replace mine, I want to keep it single in/single out, but I want to up the pipe diameter to 4" or so, im not sure what is involved in that though, as in do I just need a new muffler? How hard is it to get it to exit in front of the wheel on the drivers side? I have a 4dr btw.

Thanks, and get a video of that thing up!
Dan

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks good frankb. I'd like to see it at a couple different angles, so definitely let us know when u get a couple new pics posted.

How hard is it to get it to exit in front of the wheel on the drivers side? I have a 4dr btw.
With the fuel tank running along the driver side, I kept mine exiting out the passenger side. Didn't want to take the chance of getting the tank too hot. You'd also have to have the pipes hang lower to clear the tank.
DSC_1862.jpg

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good frankb. I'd like to see it at a couple different angles, so definitely let us know when u get a couple new pics posted.

With the fuel tank running along the driver side, I kept mine exiting out the passenger side. Didn't want to take the chance of getting the tank too hot. You'd also have to have the pipes hang lower to clear the tank.
DSC_1862.jpg

OMFG. I JUST SQUIRTED TO THE CEILING!

SO HOT! SO HOT! Is that a Dual Set-Up or Single?

More pics...more details!

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pipes coming from the headers are 2 inch (2 of em) so i cut them back as far as i could. the muffler was 1 in 1 out cut the inlets and outlets off and welded new slip collars on 2" inlets and 2 1/2 outlets then the rest was pipeing it to where i wanted. it took ell's,45's,8' pipe,mig welder and alot of patience i dont like the tips i have on there now just had to put something to finish it off for the time being. im gonna put up some more pics tomorrow when i grind my welds and paint the pipes. too embarrased to show it unfinished

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
incab noise is not bad at all -at first i made the outlets dump and i couldnt take it ,the sound resonated back into the truck and was unexceptable to me so back to the store to pick up some pipe .now its great but i found myself pounding the gas just to hear it roar

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I wasa bout JK set-up those truck that set-up pure sex...

FrankB your **** is sick too but I'm lovin JK chioce of tips :)
Thanks bro. The tips are stock tips from one of my LT1 Z28s that I just decided to paint black and use on the truck. Like 718frankb, I had the exhaust dumped in front of the axle but it resonated too much, so I finished it out the side.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew it...I LOVE THOSE STYLE...wasn't sure if the were stock or aftermakret on Z's or SS's. Do they make aftermarket one with more of an opening? How does it sound? Please more detail bout exhuast. I see it in you sig...

3in Cat back...what kind of muffler? Clips would be great? Why didn't you opt duallies...one coming out each side. The Z in dual too :)

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some more pics-and i know i have to scrape and undercoat the chassis and rear!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 8

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i just got mine on today, sounds mean, two up-angled 45* bend out the back, looks sick, very pleased except rubs the drive shaft when i turn so i gotta get that fixed tommarow.

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, snagged a pic, they sound super nice, dual in dual out 50 series, 2.5" all the way, headers, supercharger just makes it sound like it can tear something apart. i have a recording on my iphone, but idk how to get it to here, so while i work on that heres a pic, look much better when there not dirty.

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 14