Exhaust Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jordankreutzer

Reaction score

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine at my local muffler shop. You went with Magnaflow - did you check their website?

I noticed on the ebay link that the tip appears to be one that is bolted over the existing tailpipe (I see tailpipe inside the tip). Is that what you're looking for?

jordankreutzer

Reaction score
not necessarily but it is similar to the factory tip found on Denali's which is an ok look imo. The tips on the magnaflow website were maybe a little out of my price range but I'll look again. A good looking round rolled edge tip would be alright with me, but I wouldn't mind being a little different either.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a chrome pipe i think its a 5 inch pipe welded from about 2 feet in from the tip

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04-19-08_1242.jpg
Ill try and finally gets some sound clips this weekend
04-06-08_1448.jpg
this is the magnaflow 2 in 2 out but the 2 out have a Y to make it one again
04-06-08_1445.jpg
this is the pipe it was bigger than stock but not to obviusly huge

jordankreutzer

Reaction score
Im not sure what the local muffler shop would have, but since they didn't install the muffler, I'm guessing they would charge an arm and a leg for a tip or piece of chrome pipe.

LeadFootCole

Reaction score
What magnaflow (part number) did you go with? Is it very loud and is there a drone in the cab? And how did you find out what the inlet size was for your truck? I'm getting ready to do the same thing and I just had a couple of questions, I dont want to screw it up.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure what model it was but it was I beleive 2 in 1 out. I say that because I know it was 2 in for sure but I remember the old muffler (stock) had 2 exits joined with a Y to make it one out and I dont remember if they kept it like that or just made it one but here is a clip of the exhaust now remember this is a low budget film from my phone so the audio is not the greatest. It does have drone around 72-78mph but if your are above or below its fine

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice sound!

Im not sure what model it was but it was I beleive 2 in 1 out. I say that because I know it was 2 in for sure but I remember the old muffler (stock) had 2 exits joined with a Y to make it one out and I dont remember if they kept it like that or just made it one but here is a clip of the exhaust now remember this is a low budget film from my phone so the audio is not the greatest. It does have drone around 72-78mph but if your are above or below its fine

KarenCaren

Reaction score
That muffler in ebay is a good one. When I look for auto parts I always check first ebay and craigslist. If I didn't find my type then I will search for online retailers.