Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of flowmasters for my yukon....

Any feelings? Reviews?

I was into chevy caprices and everyone always but flow's on those so I just assumed to do the same in this instance....

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep we have mostly Flowmaster and Magnaflow fans here. On the list of threads in this product review section, you can find reviews on them. I reviewed my own system.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did just the Flowmaster muffler, left everything else the same. Love the added tone...

bigboi

Reaction score
I have been shopping around for an exhaust and this one place has a spintech exhaust and he swears by it but also he was trying to sell it to me so I asked him if I could get it installed on my yukon and try it out and if I didn't like it I could give it back but that didn't go over too well, but it does sound promising,its just that I have never heard about this exhaust before so if any one knows somthing that I dont know please let me know.

alo

004x4Hoe

Reaction score
Does anyone have any videos of their exhaust setup....looking into new exhaust myself!

MikeCallery

Reaction score
This is probably one of the toughest things we all do because what we want is to listen to it on our truck but that's tough. Finding someone in our area is the next best thing.

It would be nice to set up a section here that somehow we could rate the exhaust for criteria and use it as a reference, such as) exterior noise, interior noise, change in mpg, ease of install.

Not sure how we could do that, but it would really help, IMHO

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been shopping around for an exhaust and this one place has a spintech exhaust and he swears by it but also he was trying to sell it to me so I asked him if I could get it installed on my yukon and try it out and if I didn't like it I could give it back but that didn't go over too well, but it does sound promising,its just that I have never heard about this exhaust before so if any one knows somthing that I dont know please let me know.

alo

spintechs kick ass.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
spintechs kick ass.

O.K. An understandable quote, but here lies the problem.

What, exactly, does "kick ass" mean when it comes to exhaust?
Low et's on the 1/4 mile?
Faster performance all the way around?
Is it louder inside, quieter?
Louder outside?

There are too many variables for a simply explanation.

We need a better system.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got my magnaflow yesterday, LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! single in DUAL out with some chrome tips. sounds AMAZING.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my magnaflow but i've heard a few sound clips of corsa exhausts on a tahoe and they sound so aggressive and badass!

chaileyk5

Reaction score
i had a flow 40 put on last weekend. the stock muffler had the one in, 2 out Y'ing into a singe pipe. I kept the same set up (just replaced the muffler with 1 in 2out, Y'ing into a single), and it sounds pretty good.

there are a couple of clips on youtube, and if you do a search, there are a couple of sites that have clips. try exhaustsoundclips.com.

there is a little bit of difference between brands, but not a lot in my opinion. i think the big differences you will find is in the size of the muffler. the bigger the muffler, the quieter it is

TexTahoe

Reaction score
I like the dynatech headers with high flow converters. Wish I was running flowmasters with it.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just said this in another post but my manager had a Flowmaster (didn't ask the series) and custom dual 3" Pipes from the Cat back installed on his Denali, and it is loud as hell. Would sound good on a race car, but when I think of these trucks I think Luxury not so much performance.

Don't get me wrong, I know they can haul ass when prepped, but usually when we do these mods we want a gain in power and MPG. Then they sound bad ass and we want to get on the gas more!!