Factory running boards on 2000 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

general98

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Tahoe which was shipped from the factory with running boards which the previous owner removed. The brackets are still attached to the car. My question is, if I buy OEM running boards from a junkyard, how do these running boards attach to the brackets? Is it as simple as bolting them in? Just trying to make sure I buy what I need to buy. Pictures of the brackets on my truck are attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 5

pvaldeben

Reaction score
Hi, Yes they just do bolt on, each bracket has 2 bolts. If interested I have a set of running boards with the brackets. You already have the brackets attached to your Tahoe. These are off a 2001 Tahoe. If interested just email me at [email protected].

Attachments

• 2013-03-14 18.39.45.jpg
    2013-03-14 18.39.45.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 2

general98

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch. I think the ones I have will work. Since I have the brackets on my truck already, does one bolt go from the running board into the bracket (running parallel to the bottom of the truck) and does the second bolt go,up through the running board and basically into the frame?

I have had some trouble getting the ones running up through the board and into the frame / bracket assuming one is supposed to go there.

pvaldeben

Reaction score
We'll have not installed these, but I'm sure BOTH bolts go from the bracket on your truck to the running board then you screw the nut from under the running board.

hope this helps