factory trailer connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02tahoeone

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe LT 5.3 and having problem finding the Seven pole trailer connection adaptor. The owners manual show diagram but I still can not find it. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

02tahoeone

Reaction score
Are you talking about the plug that goes from the plug on the bumper to the actual trailer wiring? If so, it may no longer be in the vehicle. Amazon.com has some various adapters and such that may work.

The four flat connector is there. etrailer.com shows an adaptor for a 2002 tahoe that connects to a seven pin factory connection. I will look under the car some more today.
Thanks for your repy.

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange that its not on the bumper as shown on my 01 in the picture. If its not there, It is possible that the previous owners may have removed it and wired in the other connector.

Attachments

• DSCF0006A.jpg
    DSCF0006A.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 6

02tahoeone

Reaction score
Strange that its not on the bumper as shown on my 01 in the picture. If its not there, It is possible that the previous owners may have removed it and wired in the other connector.[/QUOTE]

No, my tahoe does not have the same type connection yours has. I have the factory four pin connection. I did check out the GM parts on internet and it is showing under accessories an adaptor for a seven pin connection. I will go to a GM dealer next week and see if it is what I need.
Again thanks for your help.

pjbabbitt112

Reaction score
You have the 4 pin connector? Or is it just the harness you have? I know that for mine I had to actually buy the wiring harness at autozone because alot of the tahoes come with the stock factory towing package which doesn't have a towing harness connector