Fender Bender, Driving Me Crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my '04 Tahoe to a party last night, had to park in a circle driveway and the cars were packed in pretty tight. We left around 2, so most people had already left. I walked out to put my truck in the garage this morning and saw somebody hit the side of it last night and of course didn't leave a number or come inside to find me. It's just a deep scrape and a softball size dent but doesn't it just really piss you off when nobody even bothers to tell you about it?

Not to mention I'm going to have to pay for it out of pocket, I'm afraid they'll find out about my tickets if I make a claim before the end of the year.

Wheres the best place to bring it for work, a Chevy dealer or some old body shop?

Attachments

• qp 006.jpg
    qp 006.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 29

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I has the same dent on my truck when I bought it. But the paint chipped on mine. Body shop around here charge me like $180, pulled the dent and repainted it. The Chevy dealer wanted like $800 because they wanted to repaint the whole section.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Bill Heard shuts its doors as of today. They say its due to poor sales, but those of us in the business know the real story. Come to find out, there are some pretty shady folks over at Bill Heard.

Our body shop over at Carl Black in Roswell is pretty good.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Bill Heard shuts its doors as of today. They say its due to poor sales, but those of us in the business know the real story. Come to find out, there are some pretty shady folks over at Bill Heard.

Our body shop over at Carl Black in Roswell is pretty good.

Are you working at Carl Black now?? That's just about ten minutes from my house. Are you in sales or service, I'm going up there this week to check on trading my Z71 for an SLT if they its not too picked over already.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a Paintless Dent Removal company.

x2 on this. I just had a dent removed on tuesday the size of someones size 9 shoe. Paid 120 bucks, including airbrushing the scratch. Can't tell where it was damaged. If you get the right person they can make it look like it was never there. Oh, I did find a 1/4 inch hole on the inside of the door which was plugged by a plastic body plug, looks like it was there to begin with..

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on this. I just had a dent removed on tuesday the size of someones size 9 shoe. Paid 120 bucks, including airbrushing the scratch. Can't tell where it was damaged. If you get the right person they can make it look like it was never there. Oh, I did find a 1/4 inch hole on the inside of the door which was plugged by a plastic body plug, looks like it was there to begin with..

They leave those whenever I get my door dings out, doesn't really bother me. It's going to have to be repainted, though, so paintless dent removal isn't going to cut it. The paint is lifted up, like I could probably lift off a quarter sized piece just scraping it with my finger nail.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer... Sucks whoever did it didn't have the courtesy and/or balls to fess up... Especially if it was someone who knew you..

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer... Sucks whoever did it didn't have the courtesy and/or balls to fess up... Especially if it was someone who knew you..

Exactly, and I'm pretty sure one of my friends hit it with his Escalade between there being white paint on my truck and his being parked right by mine that night. I made a point to tell him that somebody with a white car hit backed into me that night, pretty low for him not to mention it if it was actually him.

Davco

Reaction score
Exactly, and I'm pretty sure one of my friends hit it with his Escalade between there being white paint on my truck and his being parked right by mine that night. I made a point to tell him that somebody with a white car hit backed into me that night, pretty low for him not to mention it if it was actually him.

Was there drinking at this party? If he was drunk then he might not even know he did anything.

Davco

Reaction score
Oh yeah, everybody was drunk but he would have been sober enough to know he hit me if he was driving home, I know him that well.

I won't get into the whole "everybody was drunk" but still drove home talk. I've got kids and it pisses me off to hear about drunks driving the street....anyways.

I knew a guy that drove home drunk with a friend passed out in the passenger seat. He got up the next day and went out to his car to find a dent on one side of his car. There was paint going down the whole car. He hit something and didn't even remember it.

Thats why I was asking but you know your friend.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't get into the whole "everybody was drunk" but still drove home talk. I've got kids and it pisses me off to hear about drunks driving the street....anyways.

I knew a guy that drove home drunk with a friend passed out in the passenger seat. He got up the next day and went out to his car to find a dent on one side of his car. There was paint going down the whole car. He hit something and didn't even remember it.

Thats why I was asking but you know your friend.

I agree with you on that one, my brother got a DUI in college and now I won't even go near the driver seat if I've had a little bit to drink. My wife or I always switch off being the DD, so trust me I'm totally with you on the whole drunk driving thing.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you working at Carl Black now?? That's just about ten minutes from my house. Are you in sales or service, I'm going up there this week to check on trading my Z71 for an SLT if they its not too picked over already.

Yep i'm working up here now. I'm on the sales side. Come on up, we have quite a bit to pick from. With the GM employee pricing and some pretty strong rebates there are some good deals out here. I'm really considering trading my 05 tahoe on a new Denali.

If you want to come up, let me know. I can set you up with one of our sales guys and we'll take care of ya.