Finally got a video up of my exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the sense in reviving some exhaust thread that is weeks old, so I figured why not make another one. I finally got a video of my exhaust system up on youtube. The volume is a little quiet, and don't mind the stretched looking picture. The camera uses a widescreen aspect ratio, but I didn't use the software to copy the format correctly to the computer (didn't have the disc with the software on it, as it is not my camera, it's my girlfriend's) so it just looks squished.

Also, don't mind my squeaky leaf springs. The plastic in between the passenger side leafs is worn away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2H5VEaga9A

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds nice and clean, a good deep tone to it. But you gotta do something about that squeaking. :eek2:

andrew83

Reaction score
sounds good, even with the seagulls squeaking =)

just a tip, when I installed the rear add-a-leaf on my tundra I got the squeak as well, I got the wd-40 with the hose and jammed it in between each spring as much as I could, and it worked for about a month at a time. sold the truck, but when I traded it in you can bet your ass it wasnt squeaking :) :)

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, andrew. I know I need to get new protectors in there, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for the compliments, btw.

Once I finish building my 355 for this truck, I'm totally redoing the exhaust system; something a lot simpler, and much higher flow... which means a lot louder.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I have a completely custom exhaust system. Edelbrock TES ceramic coated headers Y-piped to a single-in/dual-out Flowmaster Super 40 muffler. Side outlets with 12" chrome tips. the only thing that is still stock on that exhaust system is the catalytic converter and the single 3" pipe that goes from the cat to the muffler inlet.