finally got around to shinning the Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok it had been too long so it took me over 7 hours to get done, but it finally got done right

Attachments

• 04-27-08_1452.jpg
    04-27-08_1452.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 04-27-08_1453.jpg
    04-27-08_1453.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 04-27-08_1455.jpg
    04-27-08_1455.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 6
  • 04-27-08_1457.jpg
    04-27-08_1457.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 10

Randi

Reaction score
Whew! 7 hours! Looks Good! Hopefully I can get mine washed tomorrow. It's been raining too much to get it really clean. By the end of the month hopefully I can shine mine up!

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well first it started as a regular wash: bucket soap dish washing soap and I have a big brush to clean. then I dried it all off with a regular towel and remove any water stains so its clean by then but not as crystal clean yet. Then I used the clay bar its actually the first time I tried the clay bar so there was alot of rubbing to be done. I used the MOther Clay bar it cost about $18 at autozone came with wax and quick detailer to lubricate the clay bar. So I kept using the clay bar until I could not feel any more grime on every inch of the paint. Once I was done with the rubbing there was residue from the cleaning and rubbing. I wipped that off with a damp multi fiber cloth to avoid swirles. Then I did 2 coats of the provided mothers wax. And I waxed every time I was done with the clay bar on each panel. so wax on and off and back on and off before I moved to the next panel. after all was done I went over it with a dust brush to make sure no wax residue was on the truck and done. The only thing I wish I would have done before was apply the tire foam before the wax to avoid over spray on the paint but that was my saturday for you guys. my sunday was recovering from the sore elbows and shoulders!

steelerfan n GA

Reaction score
well first it started as a regular wash: bucket soap dish washing soap and I have a big brush to clean. then I dried it all off with a regular towel and remove any water stains so its clean by then but not as crystal clean yet. Then I used the clay bar its actually the first time I tried the clay bar so there was alot of rubbing to be done. I used the MOther Clay bar it cost about $18 at autozone came with wax and quick detailer to lubricate the clay bar. So I kept using the clay bar until I could not feel any more grime on every inch of the paint. Once I was done with the rubbing there was residue from the cleaning and rubbing. I wipped that off with a damp multi fiber cloth to avoid swirles. Then I did 2 coats of the provided mothers wax. And I waxed every time I was done with the clay bar on each panel. so wax on and off and back on and off before I moved to the next panel. after all was done I went over it with a dust brush to make sure no wax residue was on the truck and done. The only thing I wish I would have done before was apply the tire foam before the wax to avoid over spray on the paint but that was my saturday for you guys. my sunday was recovering from the sore elbows and shoulders!

"Wax on wax off"
Glad to hear you used the clay bar. Recently I took my `07 Aura XR in for wash, clay bar, and wax. Cost me $60.00. But my shoulders feel great! :patriot:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post!

What's a foam gun?

foamgun.jpg

yhst-33883463985110_1994_2863142

xplizt

Reaction score
Looks like some type of gun sprayed some foam on your car. :rolleyes:

Ok smart guy.... what is the advantage of your foam gun and what does it actually do other than spraying suds on your car? Are you implying that you dont need to scrub? Or is that just a super fast way of soaping up your car? cause thats what it looks like.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from www.glimmerglassdetailing.com and no it doesn't save you from scrubbing it just facilitates the process and makes washing less of a chore. Sometimes they'll have a groupbuy and I'll try to post once he's running it again, might even send you a pm if you being such a sweetheart with all these compliments :rom2:

xplizt

Reaction score
Sounds to me like this would work better...

scrubbles.jpg

That way you dont even have to scrub.

But hit me up if they do a group buy and I'll chip in anyway to try it out.