Finally Installed My Brush Guard.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally installed my brush guard onto my Tahoe. As some of you may know, I had a small problem installing the brush guard because I have a 3 inch body lift on it so that caused my frame to stay where it was from factory but lifted my body up. So with that causing the problem, the brush guard wouldn't fit correctly and would hit the bumper.

So to fix the problem I went to work and made a bracket that would extend out-ward and up-ward to make it fit like it's supposed too.

I'm going to paint the aluminum black since I bead-blasted it. (The brackets I made)
IMG_1539copy.jpg

I guess it looks alright.

Oh and, does anyone else think I should remove the side chrome molding? Or should I leave it like it is to match my wheels?

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remove the side molding and super debage that hoeee then watch me yulllllllllllllllllllll

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, that looks sweet!!! I love the way brush guards make the 'Hoes look tough! And those are pretty choice tires, too! Nice look, overall!

Oh and, does anyone else think I should remove the side chrome molding? Or should I leave it like it is to match my wheels?

Personally, I don't like the debadged look. I guess it depends on the overall look. I really like FergHoe's 'Hoe. It's all debadged, but it's also all blacked out. I say leave the side trim & badges. But that's just my opinion. It's your truck, afterall.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your inputs.

Yeah I'm going to Debadge/remove side moldings on the Hoe on the week days when I don't have so many errands to run for my parents. =]

Anyone have pictures of one I can compare too? Mines a 01'.

New pictures after the wash, not much difference though. Haha.
IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

Last edited:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say leave the moldings, it looks very good the way it is, functional.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Hoe like that. But if you need some, lemme know. My friend owns a auto shop and can probably get you some.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sweet, man! What brand/model guard did you install?

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't have any idea what brand it is, but I will find out. I got it for free from my dads friend.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't have any idea what brand it is, but I will find out. I got it for free from my dads friend.

Nice! See if he has more to give out. I'll gladly pay for the shipping! ;)

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good. You've got me wanting to put a brush guard on mine now. I just have to narrow it down to one I like. I'd take those side badges off, make it look like a newer model. What kind of lights are those on the brush guard?

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr45 - I will see =] I believe he still has 4-5 more left because he owns a business that has working trucks, so he just took all of them off of all the working trucks he owns.

ugachs24 - There just Baja Challenges I think. Not too sure, found them in my garage. (We've had them laying around FOREVER)

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good. You've got me wanting to put a brush guard on mine now. I just have to narrow it down to one I like. What kind of lights are those on the brush guard?

Yeah, it does look sweet! I've been wanting to put one on my 'Hoe ever since I got her back in October, just haven't had the fundage yet.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugachs24 - There just Baja Challenges I think. Not too sure, found them in my garage. (We've had them laying around FOREVER)

Yeah, that's what they look like. I want to do a brush guard, PIAA 520 fogs, and tail light guards, so I think I'm looking at around $850.

Hope its going to be worth it :rom2:. I keep reading posts on Z71TS that recommend either Dee Zee ($365) or Westin ($480). I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and quit thinking about it haha.

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no doubt...looks great-i was looking at a bull bar, but was wondering what one would look like on my 04 hoe--thanks for posting..it looks just like i thought it would...baaad a$$$!!!

MyBlkBurban

Reaction score
Love it !! I say just debadge and leave the side molding ( it's saved my truck from some dinging in parking lots :( ) I've been trying to score a brushguard for my Burban for the past few weeks ... Post some more pics from the side ...