Finally picked it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been talking about getting a new style tahoe since it was released. Last night we finally signed the paper work and took advantage of the 0% financing.

I have been looking on e-bay for a slightly used one for a while, and with the options i wanted, couldnt find one for under 35-37k. The 0% deal actually ended up only being ~2k more then picking up a used with financing, delivery, and ext warranty. (whatever it took to convince myself).

We ended up with an lt3 with nav, rear ent, power lift gate, etc.. I think the only thing it did not have which i may regret is the rear buckets, but the wife and i are split on that. I actually prefer the lt3 over ltz as i dont really like all the chrome accessories (handles, mirrors, etc) and was pleased to find one at my local dealer optioned this way. Thought it was a sign :thumbsup:

Wife drove it home, so i only just drove it to work this morning. Nice truck, rides nice, looks great... overall i am pretty happy with it, but there are some things that i am a bit "WTF" over.... I am already finding ways around some of them (lock pic) but nothing that is very major.

Time will tell how we like it, but there really isnt anything not to like.

Will try to take better pics myself (wife took these) and also when it is cleaned up..

tahoefront.jpg

tahoeside.jpg

tahoeside2.jpg

Last edited:

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Like you said - "what's not to like" when it comes to a truck like this one.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a stock 08 black on black tahoe.....

Do you realllllly need pictures? :D

I will ask the wife to take some today, but it has been raining for the past two days, so i am sure it will not be "sparkling" like it was when we pulled it off the lot :cryin:

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy it. My wife and myself love ours, and she it a big toyota fan...but slowly seeing the light.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added the pics up... Wife took them just now, so dont give me crap about the lack of photography skills!... She is 7 months preggo and will seek you out :D

Last edited:

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What i immediatly have planned -
Removal of Dealer sticker, Removal of FlexFuel emblem, Possibly removal of Tahoe and LT badging.
Hitch plate/cover
Cargo Mat (is that really a mod?)

There is a "Wish list"
Level it out... 1" drop up front, 2.5?" out back.
Lockpic
Some sort of IPOD interface (lockpic, GM version)
Maybe a CAI or K&N drop in....

Not really looking at many "performance" upgrades. Have something in the garage if i need to play with a toy.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty truck! Now here is the challenge.....see how long you can KEEP the black nice and clean like that!