First time Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hugh Valentine

Reaction score
I applied to this Forum to ask some mystical questions about my 2000 Yukon and it's bizzare actions. How do I start?
Thanks

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just post your questions in the 2000-2006 Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade discussion section.

Welcome from Miami-Dade,Broward and Queens NYC!!

Hugh Valentine

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I came on this site to get help to solve a problem:
Door Locks and Key Fob 2000 Yukon Denali

2000 Yukon Denali, 296,000 mi.
History: Georgia Coast where it gets very hot-100 deg in summer...for the past 3-4 years I would notice that after fishing for hours and returning to the truck if it were very hot, all the door locks would be "sluggish" and open/close part way. Sometimes only one, sometimes 2 or 3 or all 4.

Last week, my Key Fob would not open the door and I simply bought a new battery, assuming it was dead. Still no action after I replaced w/new battery.
I tried re-setting th eFob per Internet specs, but did not succeed.

Removed cover from teh Door Relay located above the Accellerator pedal, looked and manually switched the contacts....all looked good, but still when I used it manually, the locks (all) would open/closed partially and got progressively weaker every time I did it.

Car battery was strong but put charger on it anyway, and it made no difference even after full charge. Locks still open/close partially.

Here's something that may shed light: The programming technique states that after the programming, the locks close and open. I hear a relay click but nothing happens to the locks.

I switched the two 1/2"x1" metal relays on the interior fuse panel to eliminate those.

Is there a particular relay this points to...the locks not opening/closing after I 1-Close Doors, 2-insert key, 3-push down door lock button on door rest, 4-turn ignition on/off 3 times, then release Open Lock button on car????

At that point, I do not hear the Locks reset.....

Any help?

Hugh

Califbikeguy

Reaction score
New forum member.

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie from East Tennessee and owner of a 99' Police package Tahoe. I've upgraded the front brakes with slotted/drilled rotors, ceramic pads, and steel braided lines. It's an improvement, but not by a huge margin. I've been reading more and more about the hydroboost mc upgrade. Does anyone know about this upgrade? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Keith.
Owner of the 'beast'

RED TAHOE LS

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie from East Tennessee and owner of a 99' Police package Tahoe. I've upgraded the front brakes with slotted/drilled rotors, ceramic pads, and steel braided lines. It's an improvement, but not by a huge margin. I've been reading more and more about the hydroboost mc upgrade. Does anyone know about this upgrade? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Keith.
Owner of the 'beast'
:welcome:
What part of east Tennessee, I grew up in Elizabethton in the early 50's.
David g...........:rolleyes:

RED TAHOE LS

Reaction score
I came on this site to get help to solve a problem:
Door Locks and Key Fob 2000 Yukon Denali

2000 Yukon Denali, 296,000 mi.
History: Georgia Coast where it gets very hot-100 deg in summer...for the past 3-4 years I would notice that after fishing for hours and returning to the truck if it were very hot, all the door locks would be "sluggish" and open/close part way. Sometimes only one, sometimes 2 or 3 or all 4.

Last week, my Key Fob would not open the door and I simply bought a new battery, assuming it was dead. Still no action after I replaced w/new battery.
I tried re-setting th eFob per Internet specs, but did not succeed.

Removed cover from teh Door Relay located above the Accellerator pedal, looked and manually switched the contacts....all looked good, but still when I used it manually, the locks (all) would open/closed partially and got progressively weaker every time I did it.

Car battery was strong but put charger on it anyway, and it made no difference even after full charge. Locks still open/close partially.

Here's something that may shed light: The programming technique states that after the programming, the locks close and open. I hear a relay click but nothing happens to the locks.

I switched the two 1/2"x1" metal relays on the interior fuse panel to eliminate those.

Is there a particular relay this points to...the locks not opening/closing after I 1-Close Doors, 2-insert key, 3-push down door lock button on door rest, 4-turn ignition on/off 3 times, then release Open Lock button on car????

At that point, I do not hear the Locks reset.....

Any help?

Hugh

As far as remote fob goes, I had similar problems with my remote as well, after you program it so many times with no results, I decided to buy a NEW REMOTE and solved my problems for good. It has not worked this good in years. Send me a PM if you want the supplier, forger e-bay. Good luck.
David g..............:waytogo: