Flowmaster 50 SUV Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EZ, a pic would be appropriate at this point :)

haha, fair enough. I'll try to get one up today.

And to the OP, if you want to find a dealer that wont charge you $450-450+, try to go off flowmaster's official dealers. I went to brake works here in San Antonio and thats where I got it installed for so cheap.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/locator/

Here's their sound clip section. pretty cool. And don't worry, the 50 series sounds a lot better in real life than it does in this clip.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sound.html

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here it is, not the best audio in the first clip but keep watching, I put the camera closer to it on the second try. No it's not bad exhaust, first cold start of the chilly morning.

I am not sure how to embed YouTube videos into here, so here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFjXP1ERjbE

Last edited:

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG00403.jpg

IMG00401.jpg

tahnutz

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum..but know enough not to start a new thread. Called around today on full flowmaster kit and all the shops do custom pipes with flowmaster muffler is that common. I am fine with it because lot less but wanted some die hard Tahoe owners opinion.

Thanks for any replies

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum..but know enough not to start a new thread. Called around today on full flowmaster kit and all the shops do custom pipes with flowmaster muffler is that common. I am fine with it because lot less but wanted some die hard Tahoe owners opinion.

Thanks for any replies

Not sure exactly what you are asking for but I had the Flowmaster Performance Center install my 50 Series for $200 with stock piping, no kits or aftermarket pipes needed. I am very happy with it.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you are asking for but I had the Flowmaster Performance Center install my 50 Series for $200 with stock piping, no kits or aftermarket pipes needed. I am very happy with it.

Your truck sounds great, Caddis...no crackles or pops or any of that garbage. Good clean V8 sound. I think I might go that route with mine. Does anyone have a clip of a magnaflow muffler installed that I can use for a comparison?

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck sounds great, Caddis...no crackles or pops or any of that garbage. Good clean V8 sound. I think I might go that route with mine. Does anyone have a clip of a magnaflow muffler installed that I can use for a comparison?

thanks Yuke, I am pleased with the results. Besides it's a couple hundred bucks versus doing a whole system for hundreds more. Just the right tone I wanted, and when you open it up, it has a fantastic sound, that deep rumble is what I was going for, a smooth deep rumble, thanks again.

tahnutz

Reaction score
I am sorry I should have been more clear..The shops I called say instead of using the full flowmaster kit (part #17368). They use the flowmaster mufflers and customize the exhaust. I am getting dual side out.

I apologize for not being clear.

THanks

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 50 series Big Block sounded good to me. I might have to get that.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
caddis, that is the flowmaster 50 series suv? do you have dual exhausts or the single side? and ez street, i like the pics.... what exhaust do you have?

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50 series big block.... per the flowmaster site is more quiet then the 50 suv series.....

Does anyone have the 50 suv series?

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wierd, the chart they have in the Flowmaster performance center shows it as louder. I wanted some rumble, not quiet and I got just what I wanted.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh i like how yours sounds... I didnt know of the big block until i read what you had. now if you would have went with more piping it would have been louder right?