Flowmaster...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRrdr

Reaction score
Will a single chamber Flowmaster be to raspy on a 5.3? I have one on my 4.8 and it sounds good. Its got that nice deep sound. ANy ways will a single chamber sound good on my hoe?

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out Magnaflows website for video and sound clips of their exhaust systems. :D

CRrdr

Reaction score
Thanks thats pretty cool!...I still can't make up my mind though because I can get a single chamber flow master installed for $100. LOL

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, exhaust is pretty subjective man. What sounds too raspy to you might sound perfect to someone else. Caddis has a 50 series flowmaster on his 'hoe, there are vids for it on youtube. One second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFjXP1ERjbE

There ya go. There are different grades though, that was a 50 series. A 40 series muffler might sound more raspy.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flowmaster 40 sounds like a machine gun being fired into a garbage can, I like the magnaflows on these trucks since they don't drone but still sound nice and throaty when you stand on em.

chrias

Reaction score
Go with the Super 44. It's got a deeper sound and doesn't sound raspy.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Here are a couple clips of my single chamber Flow to give you an idea:

CRrdr

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I will have to look into that before I buy one. It def sounds a lot more ballsy than my old 4.8! Thanks for the video by the way.