Front Mud Flaps for Tahoe with Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cr8ter

Reaction score
I have an '08 LTZ with automatic running boards. I have rear mud flaps but none on the front due to the running boards. Has anyone successfully installed flaps that don't get in the way of the running boards?

Thanks in advance

Cr8ter

Reaction score
Or does anyone have a solution for protecting the door panels?

I have to drive through gravel roads every now and then and want to protect my doors from getting all dinged up since I don't have splash guards behind the front tires.

Also, it gets annoying having to clean the doors everytime I drive through a puddle :cuss:

mike454ls6

Reaction score
I also have an 08 tahoe ltz with power boards, I have purchased husky molded mud guards. To put them on was not fun, but it can be done. You have to cut the black cover on the front end of the board and also the one in the back of the board, there are screws holding these covers on. It is molded as one piece. After you cut them you can slide them on to make the board shorter and re install the screws. You then have to loosen up the adjustment screws on the board to more it from front to back. now is a good time to install the mud guard that way you know how much room you need to move the board to the back of the truck. After you have adjusted them to make room for the mud guards, you can then tighten up the screws to adjust the board and repeat on the other side. If you have access to a lift I would highly recommend it in makes the job much easier. But just remember to put the truck back on the ground to check your clearences on the running board to the rear tire. Hope this helps MIke

Cr8ter

Reaction score
Thanks Mike......I will have to give it try. I appreciate the info.