Fuel pump relay question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWTIEMAN

Reaction score
Could the relay on a 97 4-door cause poor fuel pump performance.Truck has 165K miles and on factory pump.

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Relays are really more on or off, meaning if it's bad, it isn't going to work at all. Check the wiring running down to the pump.

inthechateau

Reaction score
You might as well start shoping for new pump. Several around aftermarket for $200.00 or less. I went through floorboard on my 4dr rather than drop tank. Faster and not as messy.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If you are having fuel delivery issues, more than likely the pump is getting weak or your filter is clogged. As stated earlier, the fuel pump relay will have the pump in either a on or off state, nothing in between.

ChevyTilDeath

Reaction score
definitely get a new fuel pump and sending unit. I went through 4 Fuel pumps. They're known for it.

GREYGHOST1978

Reaction score
On 97 Tahoe I have gone through 2 relays now. The relay keeps burning up on the 30 leg. What I dont know is the 30 meaning its a swith or a 30 amp fuse. Or is this a fuel pump short to the 30 leg of the relay? Any help wont be great.

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bite the bullet, AC Delco fuel pump and don't forget the in-line AC Delco filter. Aftermarket is not worth it. JMHO.
David g.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pin 30 on the relay is the common Leg of the single pole dual throw switch IIRC.....