Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j.bever

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I have never used a forum to receive help on my vehicle but I have used them a lot to work on my mx bike. So within the last couple of weeks I have walked out to my truck and turned the key and it turns over but seems to not be receiving enough fuel. I am pretty good with working with my cars, therefore i knew that sometimes if you kick the gas tank it will knock the fuel pump free and begin to work again. So I crawled under it and gave her a kick and she started right up. This happened twice. However, it has now quit for good. The tahoe has 120k on her and she is a 99. I have never messed with a fuel system except changing the fuel filter from the motor back. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions or steps on how to do this. I plan on digging in this afternoon. Thanks guys!

j.bever

Reaction score
I have the filler tube disconnected but i cant figure out where to disconnect the fuel lines at

NicoJones

Reaction score
I had to replace my fuel pump on my '97. It really isn't that difficult. I forgot where I purchased (was online), but go for the better option. I didn't need to raise the Tahoe, to drop the tank. If you have fuel in it, just be careful dropping it, if you can, drain the fuel into another container first. There are 2 straps that hold the tank in place and be careful so it doesn't just fall on you. Anyway, you're going to have to splice the wires to the new fuel pump (instructions were included) and make sure you get a good connection (I sodered my wires then taped). Installing is also simple. The whole job took about 1 1/2 hours.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a delphi unit from amazon.com for $140 (the whole assembly).... FG0038 was the part# for my 95....... they said it wouldnt work, but was for the TCE module code like I had....