Fun with LED’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 50X Ultra Bright White LED 5mm 55,000 mcd with resistors from eBay. I’m messing around with the angle eye MOD and some other different uses. I pulled a tail light just to see what was back there and it’s not much. There is a ton of room and nothing to interfere with a few led’s ;-)
So……… I got out the drill and busted 6 holes all the way around the bulb. Inserted 6 led’s and wired them 3 each in series to a resistor. That’s a lot of light for a 2 dollar MOD!!

DSC05180.jpg

DSC05178.jpg

DSC05189.jpg

DSC05192.jpg

DSC05194.jpg

And thats without the bulb in there... :thumbsup:

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Thats a pretty good idea, looks real bright too!

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell me more on how to wire it up and make it work, please! i'd like to do the same

ebay, here i come

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i am curious about the wiring part.... do you have a link to where you got those LEDs and resistors? I have this really cool idea for the tails as well... how much did you pay for those LEDs?

which risistor value are those?

Last edited:

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They cost $15.12 and took 3 weeks to get here, but they came from Hong Kong.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=370138217721

There is one resistor for each LED but wiring them like that would be a mess, 3 is the most I could string up on one resistor so I wired them up in series, 3 per side, using 2 resistors instead of 6.

There are 2 wires that come out of each LED, one is longer….

With them installed take the short wire from first and attach it to the long wire of the next, then take the short wire of the second to the long wire of the third. Take the short wire of the third and solder in a resistor. If you have done it correctly, you should end up with one long wire form the first LED and one wire from the resistor… add power and ground and you have light!!

:cheers:

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice to see someone beside me messing with LED's

nice work

just a owrd of wisdom, I have tested the ones you have, I like them as well but I found out the if you shave off about 1-2 MM off the top so you make it from round to a flat top you will make the light dispurse. PERFECT for tail lights for a OEM housing, in a clear housing you would want them beam like but in a frenzel or opaque lense you want the leds to be dispursed lighting.

PM me if you have questions. Are you going to do a angel eye mod too? I have my rings if you want them. Just pay for the parts and shipping and they are yours to mess around with.

also if you want your CC to work make sure to make it with a load equalizer, you can also buy modules to make blinking lights for turn signals if you want too. just more food for thought if you want to go all out :D