Gas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also some of these mods to increase gas, also increse preformance, to most of us adding this stuff we want other benifits, the fact that it might save gas is even better.

or we might change the exhaust just to make the trucks sound bad @ss. :D

the 18th letter

Reaction score
I drive my gas-guzzling V8's because I enjoy them. I don't believe in the "Point A to Point B" philosophy of car ownership - if you want something, buy it. I drive 1200 miles a month, and I don't want to be stuck in a plastic sardine can, especially if I'm destined to get in a wreck(12 years and counting without even a speeding ticket on my record). Enjoy the money that your hard work gets you.

I agree with you on the 1200 miles @ month. I drive from NJ to SC about 3-4 times a year and as good a gas mileage my 4 banger gets there is NO WAY I would compromise my comfort for that long of a trip. My daily commute 12 miles each way is a different story. I save gas money and wear and tear on my baby ;)

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to let America's crappy economy and a few greedy oil companies ruin my good time. If gas prices are high then they are going to be high and there is nothing you can do about it but either let it change how you live your life, complain, or get over it. I prefer to get over it. I have a life to live and if I want a big huge truck that gets 13 mpg in that life then I will. I love my truck. It can move furniture and belongings when helping someone move, it carries large things I might buy, it carries lots of people for whatever trips or events may be in store, it is able to traverse all kinds of terrain in all kinds of weather conditions safely, it's powerful, it's comfortable, it's roomy, it's extremely easy to maintain and work on, and it takes a serious beating. I love this thing.

wht98yukon

Reaction score
i get about 13-15 in city and 16-18 or 19 on the highway. but i also have a light foot

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am 12mpg, never get on the highway anymore. Not a stocker either, see sig

telmd

Reaction score
Jacksonville to Orlando yesterday 15.77 mpg. Engine light has been on for a minute throwing a purge valve code so not sure if thats hurting my mileage or not

radimus

Reaction score
The only times I've clocked the mileage on my Yukon has been on trips when I've been towing something. We got 14.7 mpg on a camping trip loaded down with gear, the family, and towing a pop-up camper. Got about the same on a 400 mile trip that I took to bring back a compact car on a tow dolly. I should drive the thing to work for a week or two just to see what kind of mileage I get.

One thing of note, we have a minivan as well. A 99 Ford Windstar to be exact. I was driving that to work for about a month or so sometime back and was only averaging 16 mpg. That number is right in line with the EPA's combined mileage for the van. That number isn't too far off from what a lot of you are reporting with your trucks. The only place where the minivan really wins mileage wise, is when you have a lot of open highway in front of you. Then you're clocking into the mid 20's or better. However, a lot of the newer CUV's on the market don't even do that well and many have EPA combined numbers as bad as my Windstar. None of them come close to ma minivan's highway mileage. The whole CUV fad looks like a big sucker's games to me. Hauls less than a Tahoe, tows less than a Tahoe, little to no off-road capability, and gets just slightly better gas mileage.